Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Karen

Gathering of Ladies in Florida

ATTENTION LADIES!

You are invited to take part in our FIRST gathering of women (who happen to be amputees) in Florida! (and if you don't happen to live here but are visiting at the time, you are welcome to join us!!)

Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012

Time: 10am-2pm

Where: Prosthetic & Orthotic Associates (POA)

3160 Southgate Commerce Blvd., #38, Orlando, FL

Organized by: Karen Hughes

Dress: Casual/Comfortable

This is a great opportunity for us to get together as members of our unique community for a day of fun, fellowship, and food for mind, body and spirit!

After everyone has arrived and introductions have been made, Donna, a certified yoga instructor (who happens to be an above-knee amputee), will lead us in a session of adaptive yoga. After lunch we will have an open discussion of issues exclusive to women amputees - no subject will be off limits!!

This event is open to ALL women in the amputee community with any level of limb loss and abilities. Please spread the word! The more, the merrier!!!

Please RSVP to Karen at khughes@poacfl.com or call/text 407.721.3946 as soon as possible so I have a headcount for seating, lunch...and a few surprises. :-) http://www.poacfl.com

• Like 2

Wish I could be there! :sad: Let us know how it goes.

It would be great to see the yoga instructor's lesson... Can't get to Florida (unfortunately!) but I'd love to know how to adapt yoga for amputees. Does she have a YouTube video? Anyway, good luck and fingers crossed for a big turnout. Let us know how it goes!