Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Scotskate

Boots with Zips or Fasteners

Hello people,

Is there anyone in the UK - preferably London where I live - who supplies boots with zips down both sides? I have tried on numerous boots but cannot get them right in to the foot. They seem to get stuck half way down and they won't go over the heel. I am a LBK and would love to wear a nice pair of stylish boots. Has anyone seen boots that maybe open down both sides AND at the back so that the foot could go in without a struggle? I know I could ask a professional bootmaker to make a pair but.......costs.....! (pensioner!). Any ideas?

Thanks

Scotskate

Just talk with a shoe repair shop first. They should be able to put a zipper in a boot for you.

I have boots with a zipper. It's a bit of a task to get in them. I put on a knee high hose or wear tights or panty hose. That gives a little more slippage. Then get out the trusty shoe horn and get my heel in. The little bit of work is worth it to get to wear boots now and then.

I live in the U.S. and am a left BK as well. I have several pairs of boots that zip either down the back or on the outside. Either one seems to work well. I find the inside zip to be the least convenient so I try to avoid those. It helps to have a sturdy long handled shoe horn and it does take a little more work than regular shoes.

• Like 1

Have you tried Deichman(chain of shoe shops)? I bought a nice pair of flat, ankle high boots with a zip down the back from them last year.It's a 'cheap and cheerful shop too and most likely you can look at their range on line.