Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
infotech247

2013 Forum Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

Really sorry for the long delay in getting the forum back up and running but it should be back for good now with proper monthly updates. The reason for the forum being down for so long is the constant hacking of the forum that was causing huge issues for the server. As of now, we will be doing regular security patches and updates to keep it up and running. The first proper upgrade will be on Monday but it will only be down for around 30-60 minutes. If we need to run any other updates in future that will mean down time we'll give you all a few days notice right here.

We'd just like to give a quick nod to Johnny V for his constant support and passion for the forum. It wouldn't be here without him.

Many thanks again and thanks for your patience.

• Like 5

You all deserve one as well for all the work you do in the background to make this forum work for all of us...We do appreciate it!

• Like 5

Hooray!! I've missed this place! Three cheers for everyone who worked to bring the site back to life! :smile::laugh::wub::happy::biggrin:

• Like 4

Hey stranger........ How are ya? Last we heard, it wasn't pretty....How are things going for you now?

It's much, much better on the foot front, Tammie...and very strange on the prosthesis side of things! My foot wound has totally healed and I was back up and walking again. Then........I was asked to be the BK "fit model" for a seminar by Otto Bock demonstrating how to cast and fit for the Harmony elevated-vacuum system. It was a fascinating experience, and I wound up with a test socket by the end of the day. I was thrilled!

Then....well....we took the test socket from the seminar and set me up with a full trial leg. It's been a love/hate relationship ever since! I love, love, love the stability of the leg and the feeling of having a fully natural stride again. I HATE the fact that I'm getting a LOT of skin breakdown! The Otto Bock guys have been called in to advise on revisions, and they think the problem is in the liner, since I'm not a "clear" standard size. Next step is to try a custom liner and see if that will stop the leg from trying to eat me alive. In the meantime, I'm currently out of all prosthetic devices and back in the wheelchair until things heal up on the stump.

I really and truly hope and pray that they'll be able to adjust things so that I can go on using this leg...even with it trying to eat me alive, there's a lot to love about this leg.

Sooooo....wish me luck, gang!

• Like 3