Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kitkat

ossur z liner

I use the ossur seal in liner with the 5 rings. Has anyone tried the new z liner? It is supposed to eliminate the problem with volume change during the day. I am also hoping it will allow me to stay in my current socket longer.

Just an update. Got this liner today and I really like it. So far I haven't felt any slipping or loss of vacuum and it is super soft and comfortable. My prosthetist said they are working on incorporating this liner into an elevated vacuum system with the variflex foot. It has the pump built into the heel of the foot so with every step it maintains the vacuum. No plugging anything in or manually adjusting the suction and you don't have to wear an inner and outer liner. Can't wait until they get this system up and running.

That sounds like a grand idea! They've been playing around with an elevated vacuum system for me......but it's been pretty tricky to fit. I'm headed back for "take two" on a liner and socket for me tomorrow. If it doesn't work this time, maybe I'll suggest they try going "your way" for the next one.

Hope it turns out to be a great success for you!

Just looked liner up on their website....looks as if it would be a real good system. I, also am going to ask my prosthetist to check this out. At the present time I am having some problems with my liner and a sore place that is so small you have to ask yourself how in the world can it hurt so much. :happy:

PS: Cherylm, hope they can get you on course.

Hi Everyone,

I'm in my second week using the Ossur Iceross 5 ring liner with a light sock under and in a new socket and so far so good! I had been plagued with scar breakdown, infection, yadaa, yadaa.... since Christmas. The last round kept me out of a leg for a month. I so wish my crutches were wood so I could burn at least one pair as a sign of freedom from the retched things.

When the wounds were being so stubborn to heal my wound care person gave me a goop called "Medihoney". The stuff helped work off the dead tissue allowing the new stuff to form. It has worked great and helped me to avoid the Plastic Surgeon office that was next on my wound care person's suggestions. The stuff is a New Zealand product made in Canada. I'm going on line later to order a tube just in case the problem comes back.

I'm off to the gym to further test the liner and socket. I also can show off my new socket colors. I went to a "smoke shop" type store were amongst other things they had a great collector of colorful tie dye shirts. Usually the resin coating mute’s colors bur in this case they popped. Bright yellow, vibrant pink blue and green are great. Happy colors and certainly no trying to hide what it is. Why should I. Like my glasses it is part of the package.

Have a great day all.

Jane

• Like 2

Medihoney is some sort of miraculous potion! They used it on my nasty foot wound, which had been oh-so-very-slow in healing, and it cleared matters up in just a couple of weeks...........and I had some left over from that to use when my latest trial leg tried to eat me alive. That time, it had me close to fully healed within only two days! I really want to be able to keep a bit around as well "just in case".......... :wub:

not heard about Medihoney here, its something I will ask about next time I have probs though, thanks for the info.

Hi Ann,

I just looked on Amazon's site and they have the Medihoney. Cost is pretty reasonable too. US dollars about $22. What doesn't Amazon have!

Have a greag day!

Jane

This is the liner I now use in my elevated socket. The company is called Aura that makes it but was recently purchased by Ossur. This is a vast improvement from any other liner I have used within the socket along with elevated-motorized vacuum. It really is more of a super durable sock reinforced with a silicone area where the rim is.

KB

post-2495-0-10707200-1369935011_thumb.jp