Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nellyboy

Sweaty Stump Sorted!

Hi Friends Old and New!

Been away for too long but had to share this with you all.

When the hot weather comes I like many of you suffer from a sweaty stump, last week my chiropodist gave me a tip, been doing it ever since and it works no more sweaty stumps!

He told me to try Witch hazel a natural product applied with a cotton pad, don't ask me ehy or how it works but it does may also help swelling and itching.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hazel

Take care all of you

Neil x

• Like 2

Welcome back, Neil!

Thanks Neil , I use Certain Dri and it simply does not help. I will give it a try and I'm sure it is much better for me too.

Hi KB,

Now there's access to this forum again, scanning the topics I came across your phantom pain enquiry of 2009. I had ATK amputation in 2006 following a failed knee replacement and had severe PPs (knife stabbings in the foot). An article by Lorimer Moseley (Googled) introduced me to the therapy - followed by purchasing his book available from PhysioUK - and after a few days PP vanished.

Have rarely had any since - although I do experience very frequent troublesome muscle spasms in the stump through day and night, for which I've had no suggestions when raised on HM forum some time ago.

The mirror therapy was simply holding a mirror so that I saw 2 legs and exercising same muscle movements, symmetrically, in both.

Maybe in the meantime you've been successful - but thought a reply would do no harm even 4 years after your enquiry. Kennie

Sounds like what I did as well. A doctor out of Scripps Institute in California performed extensive trials using this therapy with very positive results. Mine pain ended up being more physical in the way of neuromas and bone spur growth. I did seem to find some relief in the scalding feeling at my amputated foot area.

Thanks for the post no matter how old it is. People suffer from PP for man years.

Cheers