Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
5less

HAS EVERYBODY BECOME ABLE BODIED???

I'm a new member but can't believe the lack of activity on this site.

Looking at the historical threads it was active and useful - has everybody gone to sleep?

Site Admin - why not give everybody an E- blast to try and wake them up or you may as well close the site down.

We can't force them to post if they don't want to.. We have done the e-blast, and actually, it was done recently.....

I suppose Facebook is the reason that it is so slow anymore....

I'm a new member but can't believe the lack of activity on this site.

Looking at the historical threads it was active and useful - has everybody gone to sleep?

Site Admin - why not give everybody an E- blast to try and wake them up or you may as well close the site down.

5less,

E-Blast went out in May. Bad idea on closing this site down. It still serves those who find it and chose to make use of it. The opportunity to connect still exists.

JohnnyV & Higgy,

Thanks for your replies - I suppose I'm just a little frustrated to have missed all the buzz that was going on here previously. The suggestion to close down wasn't actually serious but more an attempt to stir up some interest along the lines of "use it or lose it" - its a great resource to have the opportunity to connect with others who have similar challenges to beat.

• Like 1

I'll offer up a bit of history here, 5less: just under a year ago, we had some serious hacking problems here, which shut us down for a few months. During that time, many of our "regulars" drifted away, developed other connections, or, yes, discovered Facebook. It's been a long and slow process trying to get things back up to a fully active online community, but we are still ever-so-slowly coming back to life.

In the meantime, our archives are a wonderful resource for anyone looking for information, ideas, or just some first-hand accounts of what it's like living life as an amputee. So stick with us and join in whatever conversations do develop...I hope we're going to be around--and more active as we go--for a long time!

Hi,

I gave up on the site after it went down.. I was looking through my favorites making deletions and just decided to click on this one more time.. low and behold its up again.

Hi to Arizona,

Thanks for not giving up. This site is fantastic but it just has to get out there again to those interested now. I am a newbie compared too so many but this is such an incredible resource for info / support / humor / and in general life's wisdom site for those in a different than anticipated life's path.

The folks here are wonderful! The tales not always happy - who would - but how they are handled them says so much to the strength of the power to live - and enjoy what we have!

Take care, know there are folks who can relate and keep on going! It beats the alternative!!

Jane

• Like 1

How things have changed - it's been just over a month since I started this thread frustrated at the lack of activity on the site and now every day there seems to be new posts about something or another. You would have thought that I would have learned a little patience by now but I suppose that's what comes from being a Tyke!!

Long may it continue

Hi,

I was told about this site 4 years ago, just a few days before the surgery to amputate my leg.

The couple of days I was given, I read everything I could on this site. Trust me when I say it truly helped.

It was a while though before I actually joined. The gambit of things I was dealing with from anger to pity to not wanting to go on

just prevented me from doing a lot.

It was my wife who brought this site back to me then. Though I never really made many posts I took away a lot each time I did visit.

Cutting it short , Thank You to Mz. Mills and to all of you.

Derrick

coues

• Like 1