Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stinker

Bone Spurs

I have a rather large spur on the tip of my AK and its on the right side of the stump. I am wondering if others have this problem and what was done? :rolleyes:

post-1907-0-49054000-1376963043_thumb.jp

Well, hello there stinker...long time, no see! That looks like a nasty spur...unfortunately, my only known bone spurs are up in my right shoulder, not at my amp site. So far, those have been treated with the occasional cortisone shot, but they've told me that at some point in time they'll need to be removed surgically. Doubt that does you much good, but I hope you get some more applicable replies!

Goodness what a difference in thinking from this side of the pond, when I registered concerns over a new bone spur that I knew I had, it seemed that I shouldn't know about it, least of all dare to ask about it and was questioned on how I had found out !!!

anyhow having gleamed as much info on this as I seem to be allowed to know I have been told that if the spur is growing inward, it should be left alone .... couldn't quite make out how yours was growing Stinker, and whether it was causing problems, so not sure if this is any help to you.

Sorry its been so long, but I have been extremely busy with to much on my plate grrrrrr lol I was told they want to cut higher, NOT lol I managed to fix up the inside of the socket to make it work for me so I am happy camper.

It is on the outside, as for asking questions about it I do the math before going to see the doc lol. if THEY don't like what I say they can take a long ride on my upright finger lol. I ask tons of questions :). Its my right to ask :) as well yours so keep asking stuff.