Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mick

starting again

I agree on the great pics, Mick...and I'm glad I checked out Bob's description of the trek, since I kept looking and looking at that photo of him sniffing at heaven-knows-what and thinking "bird? bunny? some kind of odd reptile in a pile of fur?" "Dead sheep's head" would never have crossed my mind, although it made perfect sense once I knew what it was!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the comments, Cheryl pleased that you finally sussed the sheep’s head out. :biggrin:

When I was young and money was tight Mum used to send us to the butchers to get a sheep or pigs head to make brawn - the butcher always used to offer to leave the eyes in to see us through the week!!

I have a friend who has always been fond of goat's head...she was so happy when she found a slow-cooker large enough to hold that particular delicacy, so she could have a nice goat's-head stew ready for her when she got home from work!

When I was young and money was tight Mum used to send us to the butchers to get a sheep or pigs head to make brawn - the butcher always used to offer to leave the eyes in to see us through the week!!

Oh yuck... :blink: .. thats not exactly a good thought. What is brawn., some type of soup or broth?

More like a rough pâté - all the bits of meat are picked from the boiled skull then set using extra gelatine if necessary. It's a very old traditional English peasant dish and actually quite tasty but not for the faint- hearted ( or vegetarians!!).