Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
mick

Arty leg goes to thrunton with the boys

Taken from my web thingy

Today I was planning to take both Bob and Flynn out together for a full days walking , they have been out with me loads of times in the past , but I have never had them both out together on a full day’s walk on my own , there’s several reasons for this , mainly being on there own they are very good but when out together they tear arse around like there is no tomorrow………. which is fine most days but when this happens I tend to lose what little bit of control I have over them plus there is still the rest of the day to go and the last thing I want to do is knacker them out right at the start of the walk after all they are still young pups .

I could of course put them on there leads and calm them down that way, but the whole point is that I need both my hand free, so they had to behave and of course there is the chance of livestock being around, no I need them to behave, I have no problems with them wandering off, mooching around sniffing and generally doing what ever young pups do but I really don’t want them tearing around totally ignoring me.

So today was going to be a bit of a test for them and myself , I couldn’t take them where there could be any sheep or livestock as I just don’t trust them together yet , so that meant most of the Northumberland national park was out , but there are a few areas where there are no livestock , why not take them into one of the forest we have , yep that’s a good plan so after a few more minutes deciding which one I decided on Thrunton Woods , several reasons why , the main one being I don’t have to worry about logger lorries as there is no harvesting going on… Cond at:-

http://www.onefootinnorthumberland.co.uk/B_FAT.htm

A few photos from today

de44yo.jpg

2gumxy1.jpg

uy2r4.jpg

20sdi1l.jpg

3356rmw.jpg

Thanks mick

wonderful photos as ever Mick, I especially like the last one of the light coming through the trees - very autumnal and so atmospheric it could be a set for 'Lord of the Rings'!

• Like 1

Thank you Kate ,

You are the second person that has mentioned the photo and “the lord of the rings”

Well, that must be because it's a most apt comparison, Mick! I can just imagine the members of the Fellowship striding determinedly along in the light of that sunbeam!

Hi Mick,

Which of the pups gets these photo credits?

Jane

Thanks guys , I don’t think that I will ever think of these woods the same way anymore , :closedeyes: however saying that it would be nice to meet up with a lovley elf :wub: , knowing my luck it would be a orc /gobblin or something . :ohmy:

No the pups just write about the trips sometimes , I do all the hard work . :biggrin:

"Sure, sure"- agrees the pups. They'll be waiting in line at the copy write office. I can visualize their thoughts calculating the steps requires for souls of 4 shortened legs to another on 1 +/- gargantuan leg x their literary input calculation. See who has the upper foot then and where you should mail your check!

Sorry these line was so bad but I couldn't resist. You have to take an opportunity when it presents itself....put the best leg forward ....etc....etc

Take care all...keep smiling....

Jane

:ohmy::ohmy::glare:

Ok Jane seeing that you have put it like that I will up there tasty treat allowance that should keep them happy.

:biggrin: