Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
mick

small walk along the dean with the boys

Hi Mick,

Thank the fellows for sharing another great walk about exploit - with canine generated photos no less! Your buddies should be complemented on their photography skills.. They excel amongst their peers!

I don't think the photos my Lucey (of the feline persuasion) could, or would take, chasing the most recent of the poor thinking mouse that thought he/she living inside was warm and healthful. Has this thinking ever resulted in anything good?.

I'm not skeemish by nature but I will confess I never really liked the idea of any small rodent around my feet. When the last, most recently captured creature, was just about to meet their end breathing and underfoot the realization that I could just life the non "arty leg" up and yet still be cool and collective in front on my youngest teenage age son.

Seeing as I'm temporarily wheelchair-bound again, I really look forward to your pics, Mick!

Sorry Jane, the boy’s just pose for the photos there is no way that they would even think about carrying anything around, that’s what muggins here is for.

Kate, I am really sorry to say this but on closer inspection it doesn’t come close to the lady in the lake just a sword nail onto a bit of wood, I dare say someone was /is having a laugh about it, if you want to see it is in Seaton Sluice Harbour, however I expect it will be washed away at the next storm.

Thank you Cheryl, I am sorry that you are wheelchair bound I know that it’s not much fun, in fact I hate the wheelchair and tend to use crutches when that situation arises, I really hate the way people speak slowly at you and ask the person pushing you (if you are that lucky) how is he today …………….like you have lost your brain or something.

Yeah, Mick...I don't mind the chair nearly so much as I mind the way folks treat someone who's in a wheelchair. If I had the slightest aptitude for crutches, I'd be using them sooo fast! Unfortunately, I'm a complete failure on the "crutches" front...and I'm not sure my ophthalmologist would OK me using crutches even if I could (too much strain on my upper body causes my retinas to bleed...sigh...).

So I do all I can to get out-and-about in my chair...and most of the time it works out fine. And if anyone tries to talk "down to" or "around" me, I just tell them off in no uncertain terms!

Still, I'm really looking forward to being up and walking again soon.......... :wub:

How disappointing about 'The Lady of the Lake'....if you know an artist living in your area maybe you could suggest a bit of an upgraded attempt! (How are your sculpting skills Mick?!)

Sorry my arty skills are non existent , :sad: but you never know now that someone has planted the seed there could be a sculpture thingy turning up one day , it seems to be the “in thing “ at the moment as we have had a few others turn up in the north east over the last few years. :biggrin:

Yeah, but another Angel Of The North might be a bit over the top for that particular spot!

Hi Everyone,

I don't have any of Mick's photographic skiklllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,jmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...cat on the key board input.....any one relate? Going on.....I plan to be on my brothers sail boat off the the coast of NH (USA) seacoast and if I can find my camera charger perhaps I can add some, none as energetic, but, very nice photos from our shore. In our case "shore" is not plural. NH shore is yyyyyyyyyyyhvgffffffffffffffffffffffa (cat editorial input again ) very small 13 mile expanse. In case anyone asks, yes they have been fed, but if you ask them they will deny having food anytime in the last year or more. My teenagers must have coached them in this mindset. They give the same response no matter what the questions.

Good thoughts to all!

Jane

• Like 2

Yes, indeed...we can't let the Brits take all the credit for living in beautiful places! I've never gotten to see much of the east coast, Jane, so bring on the NH pics!

• Like 2

Jane I don’t have any skills I just point and press most of mine end up getting deleted when I put them on the pc. But the odd ones come out ok.so…………… come on girl get posting some photos I for one would love to see your coastline .

Hi,

The pictures are taken and you can see them as soon as I locate the cable to upload them to my computer. The cable may be some where in my son's room. To avoid the wrath of waking a teenager on a Saturday morning....then locating a camera cable amongst the other million cables......stuff in the room etc....to be continued a bit later.

Jane

As a technophobe who can just about navigate these postings, I think it would be very useful if some kind soul could tell us all how to add photos to our posts so that we can all have a go at showing where we live....the very word 'cable' makes me run a mile. Your tutorial would have to start somewhere along the lines of:

'Make sure your camera is a digital one'........Thanks!

As a technophobe who can just about navigate these postings, I think it would be very useful if some kind soul could tell us all how to add photos to our posts so that we can all have a go at showing where we live....the very word 'cable' makes me run a mile. Your tutorial would have to start somewhere along the lines of:

'Make sure your camera is a digital one'........Thanks!

Hi Kate,

I don’t know if you can upload directly to this site or not ,one of the mods should know what I do is upload my photos to a third party site like “tinypic”…… http://tinypic.com/login.php

There are dozens of other free photo sites scattered around the net it a case of picking one.

You have to open up an account (takes seconds) then upload your photos to them.

From there I link my photos to this site or wherever I want them to be seen.

There is a very good write up on how to do it all on this site (it’s a walking site) link:-

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=5138.0

Hope this helps

Mick

Hi Everyone,

My learning curve, time and energy have had issues this week but if one of the links below works you should see a few pics of the Maine & NH coast from this past summer. If not back to the drawing board.

Jane

http://i44.tinypic.com/2m61fso.jpg[/img]

http://i44.tinypic.com/2m61fso.jpg

Hi,

Try, try again.... better not plan to leave the day job!

Jane

10glift.jpg

Then again......maybe not so small this time.

2ykb3hj.jpg

Hi Kate,

Everyone needs a little elbow room.

Glad to see some made it onto the site. Because I was getting error messages while trying this process I really . wasn't sure weather it would work - a bit anyway. Pointers gladly accepted.

Jane