Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
thistledo1952

Hello everyone, I am new here. :-)

I am a relatively new amputee. My left leg was amputeed below knee on February 14th of this year.I first started developing gangrene of the foot due to poor circulation of that leg. I had always had trouble with circulation in that leg . Vascular surgeon tried to do bypass but when he got into the leg it was found to have a multitude of genetic deformities with veins and artery going on below knee. Amputation was necessary so here I am. Some days its all good,but sometimes it's a bummer. Like today. Weather changes seem to bother me the most. I have been enjoying reading the post about the terminology of amputations. Thanks for that. Now when I see my leg lady next time, I want to try and impress her with my new found knowledge. :-) I consider her my friend now, she is great. Thanks for being here.

Hi, thistledo, and welcome to our little group! Sorry you've had to join us, but I'm glad we could be here for you. I'm also a LBK, due to a nasty, unrepairable break in my left foot.

You're still really new at this life, so just know that it's natural to have "up days" and "down days." With time, it will all start to even out for you. :smile:

It's good that you're comfortable with your leg lady...as you've probably figured out by now, she'll be one of the most important folks in your "amp life!" Feel free to keep looking around, and if a question comes up, be sure to ask...I can just about guarantee that someone here will have an answer for you!

Hi Thistledo! There ARE bad days, but there are bad days for people without amputations too... the main thing is that life will get a little easier with every month that passes. This is a nice, forum and I find people really friendly and knowledgeable.

Hi and welcome to our world, sometimes it can seem a bit annoying, but I really think knowledge and a good sense of humour helps.

Hi Maggie,

A very big sense of humor helps every day - very true what any one is coping with each day. I've never been a group member before the experience in this site but I've lucked out in finding a great place when I wasn't looking. May you find humor, comradely and friends here. Welcome!

Jane

• Like 1