Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
5less

Hallowe'en Trick or Treat

Looking forward to Hallowe'en fun - answering the door to "cool" teenaged Trick or Treaters without my prosthetic on and seeing their faces when they reach into the bag of sweets and find a joke shop severed foot amongst the goodies!

Anybody else have a favourite prank?

Oooohhh...don't get me started! My personal favorite "amp" Halloween prank was for an office party. I came to work minus my prosthetic leg, in my wheelchair, all battered and bloodied like a victim of a horrific, tragic accident......carrying with me my dessert for the Halloween potluck: a pretty darn realistic-looking pound-cake version of my "lost" leg and foot, complete with dripping gel-icing "blood" and red licorice "veins," with a meat cleaver implanted in it. Yes...I have a notoriously warped sense of humor.

• Like 1

I never really understood the tradition myself. Even as a child. I recall going door to door begging for food. The people inside all snug by the fire on the chilly night, having to open the door repeatedly. Now the little shits just stand there with their bags open as if I'm putting something into their trust funds. Bored to tears. Hardly a word from them. Their eye's light up when they see the full sized candy bars. The silence broken only by my saying, "You're welcome" then muttering, "Why not take a handful of leaves along with you as you cross the lawn?". Then back to my book by the fire. Just like the old folks I used to pester

Heehee, everything is sooooo different when we have gotten older, heh?

:mad: