Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Brent

Hi from the pacific northwest (usa)

Hi everyone.

I am graduating from my prepatory prosthesis in a couple days. Will have OB trias 1c31 foot. Am using locking pin type liners. I'm currently a k2 and progressing.

• Like 1

I'll ditto both Kep's welcome and his wish for good luck! How long has it been since your surgery? In other words, are you through with the most drastic of your shrinkage? I know that in my case, it took me a full two years before I finally settled down to something resembling a stable size....hope you get settled into a nice, steady fit much, much sooner!

Thanks kep!

Thanks cherylm!

It's been around eight months since surgery. My limb is still changing, albeit slower now.

Got it yesterday and the different foot sure made a big difference. I walk more natural, faster and further now. Needs some more adjusting, but I'm really happy with it so far. It's the only foot I've tried, other than the one on the beginner though. Not sure what that foot is called.

Today's walk was the most enjoyable one yet. A grey squirrel even crossed the road in front of me. There's this one house with some chickens fenced in their yard and a rooster crows at me when I walk by, like a watch dog.

Does anyone know of an all natural antiperspirant that works well?

Sounds like a lovely walk! I assume the antiperspirant is to keep the sweat from building up inside the socket? I've never used one, myself, although my first summer in the prosthesis I did an amazing amount of sweating-and-slipping! Believe it or not, it's entirely possible that your limb will adjust in a short time and you'll wind up not needing an antiperspirant. I sure hope so...perspiration hasn't been a problem for me since that very first year, and that's a nice feeling!

I know that there are members here who have tried various antiperspirants...there might even be an old thread on the subject hidden in our ancient archives, if you're feeling up to a search. With a little luck, though, you may get some more current/relevant responses............... :smile:

Hi everyone.

I am graduating from my prepatory prosthesis in a couple days. Will have OB trias 1c31 foot. Am using locking pin type liners. I'm currently a k2 and progressing.

Welcome to the site, glad to see you here.

Hi everyone.

Hi Brent,

Basically, I've been on that OB trias 1C31 one since the very beginning and it worked for me just fine.

http://www.ottobock.com/cps/rde/xbcr/ob_us_en/06061137.1_1C31-TriasIFU.pdf

Although they say it's designed for quote,"amputees with low to moderate activity level who require a lightweight functioning carbon fiber foot", the shock absorption at heel strike is very gentle and rollover is pretty good as well. And I'm on locking pin liner ( Ossur Transfemoral) too. The pin worked for me better than vacuum but that was just me.

Anyway, good luck and stick around

Cherylm

yes, my leg sweats a lot.

Snuba

thanks!

Hi Eldar

Thanks for sharing your encouraging experience with the Trias. I hope it will work well for me also.

Have not been on the forum for quite some years..... I have been using the Trias for 10years and just love this foot. I have tried many others but the Trias still beats them all. Good luck.

Jenny Claase...South Africa

I did my daily walk in over an inch of snow today! The snow was quite dry and the road wasn't icy yet, but I was still a bit nervous and almost didn't venture out today. I'm very glad I did.

I read in in the old forums about witch hazel as an antipersperant and am trying it out.

Hi Brent,

Good for you getting out. Great for the body and mind.

I'm a firm believer in using a trekking pole/tall ski pole when I'm out and about in conditions like snow or uneven ground. I dumped not long after I got my leg and got to meet a very nice surgeon who repaired my rotator cuff. Nice fellow but I do my best to be sure to not need his help again.

Keep on going!

Jane

Ouch! that's the shoulder, right? I hope it's doing fine now.

I fell once in my room with the prepatory prosthesis, about a week or so before getting the new one, I think. It wasn't fitting good at all and I thought it clicked on securely enough to stand on it and take a few cautious steps to finish the connection. Wrong! luckily, I only got a few bruises.

I have trekking poles too and should have used at least one. Thanks for the warning and reminder. :)

Hi Brent,

Glad only bump and bruises were your only result. Keep moving. It sure beats the alternative and it isn't boring.

Jane