Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
showtime1k

Anyone use a prosthesis in New York

Been to two prosthesis in ny so far and just not satisfied. First one felt very comfortable, but was very limited to walking far. Pin lock system with the traditional alpha liner. Second one socket was made triangular which gives me a pain right on the right side of my stump and could barely bend my knee. Asked them about a suction or vac system and they just told me no and was reluctant to give an explanation why. Gettin frustrated

Ask why they won't answer your questions. If their response, if they give one, is not satisfactory keep walking to another leg person. Legs are expensive and liking what you have is key. Jane

I can recommend my prosthetist, 201-569-8033, Mitchell Hirsch. Depends on where in New York you are, of course. He is based in north NJ but travels around the 5 boroughs.

He does not come across as one of these ultra-hardcore handyman-type leg makers, so I was skeptical at first, but he fit 2 legs of mine on the first try, so there's that. Friendly and professional.

I can recommend my prosthetist, 201-569-8033, Mitchell Hirsch. Depends on where in New York you are, of course. He is based in north NJ but travels around the 5 boroughs.

He does not come across as one of these ultra-hardcore handyman-type leg makers, so I was skeptical at first, but he fit 2 legs of mine on the first try, so there's that. Friendly and professional.

I'm in nyc, you know the name of his company and what type of leg foes he make or has he made