Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Gardner

Pin lock pain issue

I'm at a bit of a loose end at the min just need advice maybe reassuring as well.  I'm a bka for a year now, and recently changed socket and foot. 

My first prosthesis was just a sleeve and foam socket bit and was wearing 1 thick and 1 thin sock.  I had  lots of pain issues with this socket due to not being a good fit, but told to be patient as stump will change a lot over next 12 months. The fitting issues where fixed with grey leather liner.  

Been using this leg now for a year and the consultant at my leg unit have said I ready for a better fitting socket and a more movement in foot.  I got cast for pin lock sytem and had it for a couple weeks now. 

I getting pain in end of my stump when walking, this mainly happens when go out side. Is this just a normal thing as it's a new fitting and stump just isn't used to pressure on end of it.  

Hope this all make sense and someone can re assure me, I really hate it when leg don't play games 

Bring it back for an adjustment. The pin could be too long which would cause you to hit bottom.

I'm back to see my leg man next week. It's getting a bit easier now. I think my stump just adjusting to new socket.  I going to get bit more cut away from back of knee, hopefully let my knee bend back a bit more.  I still learning I guess