Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainKB

NERVE PAIN NO MORE

Hey, I have not been here in years but thought I would drop in. I have had a revision surgery, two denervation procedures and tried numerous meds for my nerve pain caused by neuromas with som RCPS thrown in for good measure.

I had the Neurvos Medical Device implanted in March as part of a trial. I figured what do I have to lose, I tried pretty much everything else so I signed up at one of the many participating hospitals in the U.S. and I am now on the therapeutic frequency that literally blocks the pain signal just above the problem area in my residual limb. So I never receive the pain signals in my brain. And no, it's not the same as the type that is implanted in your spinal column, this is a lead that is wrapped around the peripheral nerve. It is much like it though as in the battery/device that is in my belly that needs charging every few days.

Weather patterns with high electricity values used to screw my day/days but now I do not even flinch. The first pain-free days since the day before my limb loss, almost 10 years ago. 

Cheers!

Captain KB