Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
7feet

Return after many years

Hello everyone, its been about 15 years since I last looked at this forum or posted, life and family prioritised and just became too busy, and I probably thought I didn't have anything else of value to contribute. Anyway I now have time and a real interest in helping especially new amputees.

Briefly, 62 yrs old, right above knee amp since 1991, retired, living Queensland Australia.

I was a socket wearer up to July 2012, when I underwent Osseointegration by Prof Munjed Al Muderis, I was his 13th Osseo patient. It changed my life in so many ways due to no more socket issues and being able to feel the ground through my prosthesis, which makes walking feel so much more normal, being able to sit on a bar stool, and not break toilet seats, and not wear out the back on a pair of pants.

As said my interest is helping fellow Amputees, I am a volunteer Peer Support for Limbs 4 Life Australia, as such we visit mainly new amputees, or "prospective amputees" either in hospital or elsewhere to provide an ear etc.

All those years ago I suggested to Johnny V that there should be a forum named "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum". i just had another look and there are still some great stories.

Regards to all

Glenn

Welcome back Glen !! A lot has changed in 15 years. There is a lot more social media option for individuals effected by limb loss. As a result, the traffic on this site has slowed down, but it's still here. Glad that you decided to still be here too.

Best,