Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
FordGuy48

Sweating in urethane liner.

Hi,

I haven’t visited here in a while. I am a BK, I have an OttoBock Harmony unit, urethane liner. I tend to sweat a lot inside it, I have a two month old socket and custom liner. I was having some trouble getting used to the socket, and was aching at a point on the end of my tibia, that soreness is better, but I have some macerated skin at that point, and wonder if anyone has any suggestions for dealing with this. It’s like the skin is trying to restore at the point, does that make sense? I’ve had similar before, but been so long I can’t remember how long it took to clear. I’d appreciate any ideas. 

2 hours ago, FordGuy48 said:

Hi,

I haven’t visited here in a while. I am a BK, I have an OttoBock Harmony unit, urethane liner. I tend to sweat a lot inside it, I have a two month old socket and custom liner. I was having some trouble getting used to the socket, and was aching at a point on the end of my tibia, that soreness is better, but I have some macerated skin at that point, and wonder if anyone has any suggestions for dealing with this. It’s like the skin is trying to restore at the point, does that make sense? I’ve had similar before, but been so long I can’t remember how long it took to clear. I’d appreciate any ideas. 

Well, this odd, the area around the end of my tibia has been bothering me about a week, and has felt good since Wednesday, Now I’m getting some fluid, so it’s not sweat..

On 10/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, FordGuy48 said:

Hi,

On 10/11/2019 at 9:50 PM, FordGuy48 said:

Still getting the macerated skin,  it seems to be peeling, just sore once in a while. I’ve been applying AdaptSkin, I’m wondering if I’m getting too much pressure at that point. Just wearing a sheath, going to a sock seems to make sorer.