Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Josh`s Mum

Make Josh`s Day

Debbie, would love to be there! Thanks for the invitation, will be great to meet you and Josh and be his personal cheer squad.

ps: Great effort on the basketball Josh-well done Mate

See you in Melbourne

Mel.

Cat and Mel ....... the cheer Squad !!!!

Josh didn't make the swim team unfortunatly he came in 5th behind the hearing impaired and vision impaired.The swimming is multidisability so only the fastest two swimmers out of all the different classifications go through to the games.Its hard to bet the hearing & vision impaired kids. Josh came in first in his classification but it does not count.

Here is a photo of Josh at his last Wheelchair Basketball traning day.

Debbie

post-12-1114086709.jpg

Great Pic Debbie thanks! Josh you have achieved so much congratulations and well done.

Thanks for the pic it's great.

Mel.

Debbie,

Thanks for sharing Josh and his story with us, all of his efforts are so awesome. I know you're proud of him and all he has accomplished since his amputation it's because of you that he does so well. I love reading what Josh is doing next so keep sharing his accomplishments.

WAY TO GO JOSH!

Phew, I've just caught up on all the postings. I haven't looked for a while as I've had a few things of my own to deal with, but Josh has been busy! For those who have forgotten, I was Josh's baseball coach. To finish the season off, the team came equal third (lost out for the playoffs in a countback), and Josh finished the season with a very respectable batting average of .581! Probably better than I have ever had! My other passion if you like is swimming teaching, particularly kids with disabilities so it is great to see Josh doing well there! Keep up the great work Josh! Hopefully attached is another photo of Josh's fine batting style, this one taken at a Gala day by his brother Luke's coach.

Keep smiling everyone!

Melissa

post-12-1115204616.jpg

Hi Mel,

Great pic, thanks for posting.

Josh is really missing baseball at the moment especially because the rest of the family (Paul,Emily,Luke and myself ) all play sport on a Saturday. It won't be long and the season will start up again.

Josh spent the day at Meadowbank today playing AFL in the "Paul Kelly Cup" you should have seen him go, he scored a goal and a behind, there is no holding him back. (AFL is a form of football for those of you that don't live in Victoria ..... yes the cane toads have come down from Queensland to invade and the game of AFL has come up from Vic to invade :P )

Anyway I hope you are now fully recovered from your Surgery and back to doing all the things you love.

Debbie

Debbie,

I enjoy reading your posts about Josh and all his sporting events. I know you all are so proud of him and you should be.. Josh I want an autograph Picture of you because one day it will be worth LOADS!!

Go Josh!

Love

Hi everyone, I have just been catching up on all the (forum) news, we have been off line for a while.

As you can see we have been on our ski Holiday. Our family had a wonderful time and there was plenty of snow.

Josh was so quick to pick up sking (only about a day behind our other two children)

We were a little nervous on the chair lift as there was nowhere to rest your skis on and we were afraid that Josh's whole ski/boot/leg might slide of and hit someone under the lift.

Josh had the most trouble with his turns when he had to put his weight on his stump,but I think he is better on two skis rather than one.

Here is a photo of Josh on his second day of sking.

Debbie

post-12-1121694942.jpg

:( Sorry about the big photo ..... never really figured out how to make them smaller ....... any advice welcome :)

Great pic Debbie. Josh looks fantastic :D

Where was the snow?

Where was the snow?

On the ground by the looks of it Cat :P :P :P

Great pic Debbie, Josh looks like a real pro. I use Photoshop to resize my pics but I'm sure someone will come up with something simpler. I noticed that you're using a Fuji camera. It should come with some software that you can use to resize pictures and from what I can remember about my old one, it 's fairly easy to use.

:( Sorry about the big photo ..... never really figured out how to make them smaller ....... any advice welcome :)

Have no fear; that's what JohnnyV is here for. Great to hear from you again Debbie. You were missed. I was just chatting about you last week. Were your ears ringing? I see that Josh continues his self advocacy work and being an inspiration on the HMM Amputee Forum. We are so very grateful that you share that joy with us.

Kind regards:

Where was the snow?

On the ground by the looks of it Cat :P :P :P

Hi Josh,

Yet another hurdle accomplished! You are one heck of a guy Josh!

My appreciation for Muz.......your posts always make me smile. :D

Linda

I noticed that you're using a Fuji camera.

Muz, how can you tell? :blink:

Debbie,

Thank you so much for continuing to update us on Josh's accomplishments and for posting that pic! Josh looks like he could be the poster child on the subject of amputation and living a full life after it :rolleyes:

Josh, you're wicked! Keep up the good work B) :D

I noticed that you're using a Fuji camera.

Muz, how can you tell? :rolleyes:

Save the picture then, assuming you're using XP, right click the file and click properties and look for the EXIF tab which tells you lots of info about the picture :)

Damn......Muzz'd again :P

Cat ..... we skied at Perisher/blueCow in NSW ....... there was loads of snow ...soft and powdery too.

Josh is wearing a very old pair of rear-entry ski boots it was the only pair we could find. All the modern day boots are such a snug fit you virtually have to do a ballet point with your foot to get into the boot. What sort of ski boots should amps use ??

Muz ..... my daughter has just brought a digital camera I will use it for my next photo op !

Thanks for the re-size Johnny V

Debbie

Hi Debbie and Josh,

A great picture of Josh, don't think I would have the nerve to ski :ph34r:

I can't get my head round you having more snow than we get here :(

Hey Debbie, nice to see you back on the forum again :D and to hear how great my Little Trooper is doing. Just look at him, what a B) picture!!! I'll definitely download that in my photo album, along with the others. What an amazing young boy, there seems to be no limits to his atheletic abilities. You know, it seems like not that long ago he was coming home from the hospital and now here he is skiing!! You must all be so very proud of him, (just as we are here) with his determination to achieve and not let his amp slow him down any, so to be able to do what every other young boy his age is doing, that's TERRIFIC!! Deb, you and Paul are wonderful parents and your three remarkable children, say it all. ;)

HI JOSH, good to see up there on the snow B) I hope you and your family all had a wonderful time. Keep up the good work and maybe, when mum has time, we could see more pictures of you and your family having fun, that makes me happy! :D I still have my smilie bookmark right here on my computer desk!! :) Please say hi to Luke and Emily for me, k?

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Kindness goes a long ways, so let there be enough for everyone.

post-12-1122168986.gif

Hi Pam ........ Yes we have snow here in Australia .......... its about a six hour drive from our house ........ as you can see by my photo this year there is plenty of snow.

Hi Sheila ....... you always have such encouraging words ...... thanks !! ...... how are your sweet little birds going ???

Debbie

Hey Pam we do get some snow here but you usually have to drive a fair distance and go a long way UP.

This is a pic our our car just last year.

B) Great photo Cat ! B)

Hi all,

Just a little update about the school games in Melbourne in November. Josh has been traning hard for the Wheelchair Basketball competition.

Paul (husband) has booked as our accomodation through his work at the " Marriott Melbourne Hotel ".

The games run for 8 days with the opening ceremony on the 26th of November. The Wheelchair basketball competition runs for 8 days with the finals on the 3rd of December.

Unfortunately no international teams are coming to compete in Wheelchair Basketball so it will be a state verses state competion ( NSW - probably the strongest team )

Josh is the youngest on the team so he will be staying with me at the Hotel (the rest of the team will be staying at the Melbourne University)

I will have loads of time on my hands during the day as Josh will be with the team.

Cat and mel any suggestion as to how I can fill my days in Melbourne. I've heard the shopping is good can you confirm that ........ as we will be flying down I wont have my car ......... whats the transport like ? Trams !!!!!! is that a half bus/half train ?????? Never been to Melbourne before ........ tell me everything.

Debbie