Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Josh`s Mum

Make Josh`s Day

Greenthumb,

Don't worry about not spelling so well. I've been working all winter with a bunch of Brazillians. Most of them are really cool people! Please post more offten dispite spelling defficancies. As you can see I have trouble spelling too and I speak English fairly well.

For some reason our English friends have a lot of trouble spelling blue and color!

LOL

Josh here's what you have to look forward to next winter-summer....whatever

post-12-1083097548.jpg

Hi Greenthumb,

Josh loved reading your post - but now he has hopped away to leave me to respond.

Firstly a card from Brasil Wonderful !!! Is Bahia a holiday area ?

Now to the "Jumping Kicking" white rabbit how cute ! - sorry to hear he is not here with you any longer.A chocolate eating rabbit !! - Josh is now searching for the left over easter chocolate to feed to the rabbit.Our rabbit is already huge - its a worry.

Debbie

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the sking photo !!!!

Josh is a complete dare devil and I could see him flying down a ski slope .....

Regarding a support group in California - the best place to look would be the American NF website ..... www.nf.org . They may be able to help support your bike riding adventure.

I hope your feeling well.

Debbie

I noticed Josh has a problem with his right eye. My grandfather (who also had NF) had a simmiler problem with HIS eye. Very strange I would have so much in common with him....

I'll be back post op. (if I servive). Hopefully with all my foot.

Take care and good luck.

Did Josh like the picure?

Hi Eric,

Yes Josh thought the picture was great.

It `s amazing how much we have in common.The tumor in Josh eyelid is called a plexiform fibroma. He has had it removed twice and recostructed with plastic surgery - but as you can see it grows back.Josh hates his eye - people/kids mention it all the time .

Is your Grandfather still alive ?

Debbie

Hey Debbie,

Just curious has Josh started to receive his cards??

Hi Brenda,

Yes the cards have started to arrive...... as yet only from around Australia.

Josh has a little box in his room where he is keeping the mail. He has written on the envelops the date when each letter arrived and he plans to open the mail in order of arrival.

He is also busy putting his computer data base together,where he has made a table with Towns,countries and post code (the number of the town - like Zip code)I will get him to post it in the kids section that Lesley has made.

The count is about 30 so far.

I will let you know when the first overseas cards arrive.

As you can see Josh is really getting into it .

Debbie

hi josh and familly .i live in france but am english .so will be sending a card from bordeaux.hope everything goes fine for you .this forum is great and will give josh and your familly all the support you need love from france keep smiling josh you are gorgeous

Debbie,

No my grandfather died before I was born but I look just like him. The doctors tried to fix his eye and the messed pu, cutting the nerve that controls the mussle to open his eye so his one eye was always closed.

When I get back to my home I'll pick up a Lake Tahoe post card for Josh.

Eric

Debbie,

I think it is so awesome that Josh is starting to get the cards..

There is another amputee site that I post at every now and again you might want to go there as well and see if anyone will send cards.. I sure hope they will...

http://www.amputee-center.com

Hi Debbie - I was at Rehab this week - to put a tatoo on a prosthesis you can use pretty much anything - a piece of a tee-shirt, a picture from a book, a sticker - it seems wide open. my prosthetist said it's easy for them to do. hope Josh will look into it and they'll be able to do it for him if he wants. Take care and hope is all well for you all. Smiles from Canada - say hi to josh. Card is in the mail. Wendy

Hi Sarah .....thanks for the warms wishes from France.We will look froward to receiving the card from Bordeaux - France.

Hi Eric ........ When you have a plexiform any where near the facial nerve its a problem.The nerves are all intwined together with the tumor.Every time Josh has surgery on the tumor is a worry.

A postcard from Lake Tahoe sounds great - is it a fishing hole or one of your sking areas ?

Brenda ...... thanks for the web address - I will check it out.

Wendy ...... what sort of picture did you have tatoo to your prosthesis ?We have not been to the Prosthestic clinic as yet so Im not sure what options are avaible to Josh - but we will let him dress it up to his hearts content.

Smiles from Canada welcomed and returned

Johnny V ....... would you be able to reduce in size the picture of Ampskier......Thank you

Debbie

Hi Josh & Debbie - I don't have a tatoo on my prosthesis yet - I may one day - I have seen others with them. I love what you are doing for your son - congratulations for being such a strong support to him. I have two daughter, they are 19 and 15(16 in June) - they are my pride and joy - I thank God to have seen them grow up - I lost my leg in 1995 due to cancer. Each day is such a joy to me, no matter what the day brings. With everything that hapeens to us in life there are lessons to be learned. Once again smiles from Canada :D Wendy

Mails in !!!

Hi all,

Today a card arrived from Northern Ireland ....... very exciting !!! Im not quite sure who sent it as there is no return address on the back of the envelop ? and Josh is not opening any of his mail till after his surgery.

Thanks

Josh`s Mum

post-12-1082969981.gif

From what I understand about getting images put on your socket, they just take what you bring in and laminate it on the socket. So it could be a picture, a peice of fabric, a sticker, anything that is flat, and they lay it on the socket, then put basically a layer of plastic over it, sealing it in. The sky is the limit...cant wait to see what josh picks! You will have to post a picture for us!

Judy

LBK

Utah

If it's a shirt cotton with very bright colors works the best..... Like Judy said it's whatever you want then they laminate it using clear laquare (sp)..

I'm glad Josh's is receiving his cards..

More Mail

Josh and I were delighted to find more mail in the box today.

Sheila ........ your card has arrived thank you :D

Eric ......... your card has also arrived - we love the stamp ! Josh has put your card at the front of the opening order (he thinks your very special - I think its the sports thing)

Two other cards also arrived from the UK without returned to sender address ...... thank you .

Please enclose your name and address if you would like Josh to respond to your card.

Debbie

Hi Debbie and Josh,

Wow!! What a lovely little boy - and I love his hair (Red is always best!)

There is a card on its way from Cardiff - Wales - UK.

Josh - keep smiling and mum too :P .

Best wishes,

Sue :huh:

I'll see what I can do about sending him a card from Rio Vista and San Fransisco as well.

Rio Vista is the home of the FASTED MAN ON EARTH. He's held the land speed record on and off for the last 40 years. Right now some other guy holds it but he's English so it doesn't count. :D

More Mail

From Canada .......... Thank you Wendy ? or Marianne ?

Hi Sue ........ we have already meet and had a chat on another post .It would be great to receive a card/letter from Cardiff - Wales -Uk Cheers !

Eric ........ faster man on earth - is this running ?

Rio Vista ! San fransisco ! awesome ...... are you going for the record ?

Debbie

Amazing how many replies are on this post. Josh is very popular. more than twice as popular as "reaching out" An entire subject that has only 38 topics in it. I think maybe Johnny should make Josh his own subject ;)

Debbie,

I'm glad Josh got my card it made my day!