Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Josh`s Mum

Make Josh`s Day

Hi Linda ....... thank you for the kind offer to send Josh a card/letter from Chicago.

I`m constantly overwhelmed by the response from this wonderful forum to our card idea.its proving to be a great distraction to Josh.

The cards are still flying in from all over Australia aswell.

I will keep you all updated.

Debbie

post-12-1083586676.gif

hello debbie and josh, just a little welcome from me! ;) debbie you have nothing to worry about. kids will be so strong when challenged and it is a challenging thing to do but keep your selfs strong and positive and josh will get there soon! :D

all the best to you and keep being strong. jaime :)

Hi Debbie & Josh - that card was from Marianne as I had just mailed mine a few days before your post Thinking of you all ! Wendy :)

Hi Debbie and Josh!

I have a card out in today's mail to you from Modesto, California.

Sorry I didn't get it out in the mail last week, ur...mmm...I was a lil busy :lol:

Hugs and Best Wishes!

Janet

Hi Jaime ..... we are trying to stay strong and positive .... thanks for your ecouraging words.

Hi Wendy ....... :)

Janet ........ I will let you know when your card arrives,theres no rush we still have weeks to go - I jumped on the wagon a little early.

Have a great Day everyone !!

Debbie

Debbie,

This post has touched me in so many was as I can honestly say that there are caring people still in this world. I was really begining to wonder as the last few days have been very tramatic for my family due to my mother in law being terminal with brain tumors.

Thanks everyone for showing me that there are still good people out there.

Brenda .......I agree there are some very caring people in this world - and many of them reside at this website.

Lili ......... where have you been ...... Ive been looking for" LadyAmp" forever - well - ever since you mention it to me in a private message - I will go hunting again.

Can Josh and I send you a get well card - as I see you will a having surgery soon ?

I will look out for the "Dakotas" mail

Debbie

Hi Josh's Mum,

I have just finished reading all of the many replies under your post and am feeling almost over-whelmed. It seems that a great deal of support is being offered to your son from all around the world. I would like to send a card out also, but I will have to have someone else pick it out for me...would it be alright if I sent one in braille? I will have someone translate what I've written onto the card also, so that Josh will know what it says. I too lost my legs at a very young age, so I know a little of how Josh must be feeling right now. Soon though, he will be able to do so much more than his current leg has allowed him to do and that is something to definitely be excited about! Cheers to a new way of living and playing Josh!

Dear Phoenix Rising ........... the support is very over whelming but wonderful ! a card in brailla how exciting !.We will try and find someone to help us type in some brailla when we send you a thank you letter.

Josh is in high spirits at the moment.Our famliy is completely focused on the mail that is arriving - its been fantastic to meet so many interesting people through this forum.Josh can`t believe there are so many amputees out there.

Mail in this week ...... Canada,Norway,Fiji and NY -USA - thank you Johnny V ,and England - thank you Lyn.

Sue ......... both your mother and Stepfather have emailed me this week - it was lovley to chat to them.

Have a great weekend !!

Debbie

More Mail has arrived !

Judy ........ your mail has arrived !.......... we are busting to open your fat little orange envelope ...... but we will wait . Thanks !!!!

Steve (Doggie) ....... Thank you for your little package too ...... Paul (husband not McCartney) and I took a sneak pre view tonight at your video ...... What a beautiful part of the world you live in.

Linda ......... your card from Chicago has also arrived ..... Thank you

As you can see we`re still getting a buzz from all the mail

Cheers

Debbie :rolleyes:

Dear Josh,

I got some really cool stuff for you. A coulpe of post cards and a t-shirt. I'll stick them in the mail tomarrow.

Thank you eric for geting me this cool suff .I feel ok about the ambertashion. And I like geting the cards from you and I hope I get a blast proshtsditic leg and i hope I can get a rocket boaster atacted to my proshteditic leg

from your friend Josh

Hi there,

I have not corrected his spelling so you will need to read it phoneticly - if that is a word.

Janet ........ big Hugs have just arrived from Modesto California - Thank you

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Hope you don't mind but I'm going to a School Governors meeting tomorrow at my sons' school and I'm going to ask if all of the children in my eldest son's class - all aged about 9 - will make cards in the class for me to post to Josh.

I thought that with the children being the same age as Josh - it would be a nice gesture for the kids to sends cards too. :rolleyes:

There's about 30 of them in all and I'm sure the hand made designs would be fab.

Thinking of you both.

Sue - Cardiff - UK :unsure:

Wow ! Sue what a great idea - Josh will love getting cards from Kids his own age.

Josh goes to a great school and he has a wonderful teacher.When the cards arrive Josh can take them to school.I`m sure the teacher will organise Josh`s class ( 25 kids) to write back - it could be a class to class thing.The children will learn a lot from each other.

Thank you for your continued support.

Debbie

Wow Josh sure is popular. He's got over 100 responces to your original post. I think that may be a record. Johny?

I'll post that stuff off to you tomarrow.

Hey Eric,

Today Josh and I put something in the mail for you !

With the Olympics coming up we thought you might like a little souvenir pin from the Sydney Olympics 2000.

I was an Olympic Volunteer at the 2004 Sydney Olympic Games I worked in the Tennis Centre.It was great fun and I met several Tennis stars.I play tennis weekly and love the game.

Mail is still flying in 3 letters from America today.

Debbie

Hi Josh and Debbie,

It was lovely to see Josh`s post, he really is something special.

Every time i get to go shopping i pick up a little something to make up a parcel for you Josh, you are going to be one busy boy, going through all the good wishes that are being sent out to you, i reckon you are going to have to get yourself a PA. to help you get through the mountain of mail. :lol:

Hi Lesley,

The mountain of mail is piling up especially from overseas.

After Josh`s surgery I will set up a quiet,sunny little spot in the house.I will find an old writing desk and stock it with coloured paper ,pencils,stickers,and craft supplies .It can be his special place to open and respond to all his mail.

Josh has a 12 year old sister Emily who will gladly act as his PA.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Debbie

Mail this week !

Greenthumb ......... your beautiful post card from Rio ,Brasil has arrived - thank you very much

Cards also from France , Germany , Great Britian and 3 from the USA. Thanks !

Josh`s sister Emily broke her arm yesterday at the cross country run - there was a pile up on a narrow part of the track and a few girls went down,Emily was trampled on by the mob (ouch!) :blink:

Anyway our family won`t be able to walk down the street together for a while - we look like the walking wounded - Emily`s arm in plaster and Josh with his leg in a splint. At least Emily`s arm will heal.

Debbie

Hi Lesley,

Thanks ! Emily will have fun getting signatures on her cast - thats if she leaves any room for friends to sign - she has already started to draw all over the cast - she is very arty.

Debbie

I broke my arm when I was 12. It really really hurts. And it'll be itchy. Try benigril for the itchyness. If she scratches with something she might get an infection.

She'll be fine though

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the benigril tip.

Its her left arm that she broke so she can still write,but she will miss all her sports for awhile.

Sorry we didn`t break the record on the 15th .

Debbie