Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Josh`s Mum

Make Josh`s Day

Hi Josh, i hope everything went ok for you. Now you have to get yourself well and start driving people bonkers.

Heres a couple of jokes that i hope will cheer you up.

Patient; Doctor, doctor, i have a carrot growing in my ear.

Doctor; How did that happen.

Patient; I don't know, i planted potatoes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Patient; Doctor, doctor, my aunt has a terrible sore throat.

Doctor; Give her this bottle of ... aunty-septic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Patient; Doctor, doctor, how can i stop my nose from running.

doctor; Stick your foot out and trip it up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i hope they did the trick.

I am also sending loads of (((hugs))) and (((kisses))) but keep them secret, they do nothing for your street cred. :)

Debbie, keep us posted on Joshes progress and say hi to all of your family from.

me

Keep strong. Heres a super hero for your super hero

post-7-1088346022.gif

Hey Josh!

Just thinking about you today and wish you all the best. Hugs to you ;)

Hi Debbie - all the best - make sure you get your rest to!

Keep Smiling :) Wendy

Good luck and best wishes, little guy! Eric will make sure that we are all praying for you and thinking about you at just the right moment. Until, you can come back on and let us know how you're feeling...rest and take good care of yourself! I have a little something in the mail for you for after your surgery. Luv, :rolleyes:

Thinking of josh today...sunday afternoon, knowing it is monday where he is. Hope all went well, saying a prayer for the little guy....

Judy

Utah

LBK

I think I posted on the wrong thread, just wanted to say I was thinking about you today, which is tomorrow your time...knowing you are going thru the surgery about now....saying prayers for you and your family, josh....keep us posted!

Judy

Utah

LBK

Thinking of you Josh :)

What is your opinion of this map of the world?

animal005.jpg

Question:

There are 5 cats on a couch.

One jumped off.

How many were left?

Answer:

NONE, they were all copy cats!

Q: what sound do porcupines make when they kiss?

A: Ouch

Q: what did one fish say to the other?

A: if you keep your mouth closed you will not get caught.

Q: what is the longest word in the dictionary?

A: the word smiles because there is a mile between each s.

Q: who earns a living driving their customers away?

A: a taxi driver.

Q: what do you get when you cross a dog with an elephant?

A: a very nervous postman.

Q: What color is a burp?

A: Burple!!

Q:What is snake's favorite subject?

A:Hiss - tory

Q:What do you call a nervous celery stalk?

A:An edgy veggie

Q. What do you call a sleeping bull?

A. A bulldozer!

Q. Why is England the wettest country?

A. Because the queen has reigned there for years!

Q. Why do fish live in salt water?

A. Because pepper makes them sneeze!

getwell.gif

Hi Josh, I was thinking of you today, wondering how things are going. We'll all be anxious to hear from you, when you get back home and rested up some. You're a young boy with a lot of courage and we're all proud of you. :rolleyes: But remember to take each day slowly, so to build up your strength and before you know it, you'll be out there doing all the things you like to do. :D

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Never say you can't, until you've tried.

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long couple of days.

Josh coping just ......... he thinks his leg (stump) is ugly and swollen ........ he is still doped up on Morphine ......... and he hates peeing in the bottle........ :(

Paul and I coping well ....... no tears ........ everything went to plan..... we have taken on your advice to take each day as it comes.

Emily and Luke not saying very much ........ still a little shell-shocked (even though they have had so much time to prepare ???

Tonight paul has taken a turn to sleep next to Josh at Hospital and I am home trying to catch up.

I will keep in touch.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers

Debbie

I was really hoping you had the chance to post- I am glad to hear things went well- Also it definitely has an affect on their brothers and sisters. my son, who is 13 wrote in his journal- that he would give both of his legs, if Madison could have her leg back.

It has an affect on the whole family- but I know you all will do just fine- Josh has an amazing support team!

As of yet, I don't think Madison has had any setbacks from the amputation- she can do everything any other child can do- even run- well she kinda gallops because her ankle doesn't bend- Well except maybe now- waiting for the revision surgery- it is rough not being able to walk- one more week though- then we just have to wait for healing time.

Get some rest-

Lots of thoughts and prayers, for your whole family!!

Tammy

P.S. Our package is on it's way- my son drew him some really neat pictures!!!

Hi Debbie,

Sorry Josh isn't feeling so positive just yet. I'm sure he will come around and see the doors which have been opened for him with this change :) He has a bright future ahead of him :D

sup_brickwall.jpg

Hi Debbie, nice to hear that things went according to plan and that Josh is doing okay, for such a short time after the surgery. It can be very stressful on all of the family members, as well as Josh. However, with a lot of love and patience, (which I'm sure he gets :rolleyes:) he'll do just fine and will become more positive, as time goes on. :) Right now tho, he's dealing with some very different emotions, unlike anything he's ever known and has no idea how to handle them all. So perhaps he'll seem a bit withdrawn, edgy, overwhelmed and frightened, which are all very natural feelings, so long as they don't last any great length of time. I also feel it's good for the parents/ siblings to cry some, (not around Josh necessarily) but to release some of the stressful feelings, they too get, during a time such as this. This is only my opinion, but I truely don't believe anyone, kids or adults can really prepare themselves for what actually takes place. I'm not just referring to the surgery, but all that accompanies it afterwards, fittings, emotions, etc. Josh is a very lucky young man, in that, he has a loving, caring, supportive family around him, and that to me, IS the most important. You have a brave young boy there and will get braver as the days go on. :huh: My continued thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

It is better to have made an attempt, than to have never known your abilities.

I found these game sites online that you might find fun to explore while you are laid up Josh :) Jester's Court also National Geographic Kids

yourDaygoing.gif

Hi,

I'm so glad Josh's operation went to plan. It won't be long before he's up and about again.

My youngest son - Callum (7) has just packaged up his Harry Potter Wizzard's Hat to send to Josh - he wanted him to have it. He said he put a Get Well Soon spell on it first!! :D

Sue - Cardiff - UK

Hi Debbie.

I just wanted to say well done to Josh and yourself and family, you are over the worse part, although it may not feel like it just yet things can now only get better. It is a long road to recovery, frustrating, dis-organised and stressful, but once Josh is healed enough and he starts on getting things in place for limb fittings then things will start to speed up. This first post-op stage will be boring for Josh, of course you are ready for this, he can start to open his parcels etc and hopefully this will take up a lot of his time and take his mind off what he has been through. ( by the way, i will email my address to you, i haven't forgotten, well i did :unsure: but i will make it my next thing when i finish this post.)

Thanks Debbie for makeing time in your very busy schedule for thinking of us and letting us know how things are going, you must be dashing about everywhere at the moment, being with Josh and having your other children to see to as well. It is hard enough at the best of times so we do appreciate you keeping us updated.

Tell Josh i send my love, he is a very brave boy, so too his brother and sister, they have a lot to contend with also. Love to you and your husband as well, you are a very supportive family.

Hi Josh,

Wow do you realize how many people are thinking about you? I know it sucks right now, but it'll get better. Can't help thinking about you! I'll send you a postcard from Chicago. Maybe one with the skyline on it with the Sears Tower.(it used to be the tallest building).

Hope you know how much we care about you! :unsure:

Love,

Linda

Debbie and Josh...just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I know it is a tough time...but this time next year will be VERY different, trust me! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Judy

Utah

LBK

Debbie and Josh,

I'm sorry Josh hates his leg but in time he will see that his mobility is better and will be happy that he had it done. The post op pain and healing can be hard on us and I'm sure it really is hard for an active child. Hopefully he'll heal quickly and be up soon. Keep us posted and know that we are here for ya!!

I forgot to mention...tell Josh this...my stump was also big, like a cylinder, swollen, tight looking skin, yukky looking, when I had my surgery. But within weeks it started to 'go down", and now, just six months later it looks just like a regular leg....a leg minus a foot that is! But the skin looks very normal, no swelling.....so things can change quickly. Tell him I said that and that if he needs a picture as proof I will send him one....ONLY for josh would I take a picture of my bare stump!

Judy

Utah

LBK

We're Home

and having a better day ! what a difference a day can make !

("one day at a time ........ baby steps")

Josh is feeling Ok but still wont look at his stump with the exception of counting his stitches ( data ... facts man ..... he keeps count of every stitch he gets ..... I think he is up to 109 stitches now but you would have to ask him )

Josh recieved a card from our Australian PM John Howard today !!!! but he is yet to start opening all his other mail.

Debbie

Hi Debbie and Josh,

Glad you are home where things are ALWAYS better. Especially the food.

I was wondering, is Josh a Harry Potter or a Disney fan? Also, does he enjoy reading (not necessarily Harry Potter or Disney)?

The reason I ask is that I will be making my quarterly budget busting trip to the local bookseller in a few days and would love to pick some things up for Josh too. My 10 year old has a few suggestions. We will also be at a Disney park soon, and I was wondering if there was something from there he would like.

Stay positive, Josh. Not everyone gets a card from the PM himself!

One other thing, Debbie: what do your other kids like (books, characters, etc.)? I think it is important to send them a little something too, as they have been affected by all of this as well.

-m-

(I have to change my screen name. Everyone here has allayed my fears...)

Hi Debbie, great to hear Josh is back home, it is nicer once you are back in familier surroundings and i do believe it helps the healing process. Josh will have good and bad days and so will all of your family.

Josh you can count yourself as a VIP now, there's not many can boast a geting a card from an MP.

Baby steps, as you say are the key, keep up the good work.

Lots of love.

Welcome home Josh. :lol:

It's good to be home, isn't it? :D I know that you will be feeling better and better real soon. You will be back to your normal self, just give it a little time. Take it easy, and love your family that much more, because they love you very much. We want to hear from you, so say hello sometime when you are up to it. ok? ;)

Your friend, :)

Hi Josh!

Welcome home - I know there will be days of frustration and discomfort but you'll be looking back on this time soon. nexy you'll be to busy with your new prosthesis and working towards showing us all up <_< .

How are you doing Debbie? I hope you are taking care of you also.

Say hi to all your family and have been keeping you all in my prayers.

Keep Smiling! :) Wendy

Hi there,

Josh is up and about today which is wonderful ! His pain meds are down to one a morning and one at night which is also great ! Still coming to terms with the look of his leg.

Emily and Luke are now on holidays from school but a little frustrated by the lack of activities plan for the 2 weeks.

Josh is starting to open his mail. He has opened 5 mail items so far its is very exciting for him ( may prove to be a problem for Emily & Luke as it progresses though )the mail continues to arrive.

Very scared ............ hi and thank you for your kind offer.Josh loves Harry potter and has read the first 3 books he also likes Disney.I think all nine/ten year old boys think and like the same things no matter what part of the world they come from.Something both my boys love is baseball.They would love a pack of baseball cards and they would be light the post.

Hi Lesley , Johnny V & Wendy ............ thanks for your continued thoughts.

Debbie

I talked to Josh on the phone. First I tried to Call Tuesday night but he'd already been released (About 15 minutes before DUH!!). I did get a hold of him the next day at his home. I asked him if he got kangaroo pie in the hospital. He didn't what a bummer

Eric