Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Gizmo

What do you all look like?

Some of you were so intelligent to know how to scan a photo or who have a digital camera. But the majority here are anonymous.. So, what do you look like?

I am 41 years old, a leo (Birthday August 5th - actually a double leo since my ascendent - right word?? too lazy to look for the dictionary..- is a leo as well). I am tall, about 1.80 (5.10), dark eyes, originally auburn hair (although I have messed around with it so much that I hardly remember its original color), right now it is sort of brownish with purple and blonde streaks). I am definitely not skinny, but as I work out a lot, I am not really fat, either (but plan to lose a couple of kilos before the swimming season starts).I have been told various times that I look a little bit like Sigourney Weaver.

I have a background in advertising/marketing but decided to quit due to the long hours and the fact that I could not squeeze my writing in any more which had always been my secret passion. Right now I work part time at the University of Veterinary Medicine in Vienna, doing project management (event management, counseling of foreign students etc.) and write on the side.

I am a convinced single, have never toyed with the idea of having a kid since I am sort of allergic to them. I own two cats (or perhaps I had better write that in the passive voice since it comes closer to reality), live in a big apartment in Vienna, Austria and love traveling, sports, cinema, books and my circle of friends.

xxx

Uschi

well, im no pc wizard too so here comes my description. im a 28 year old male and live in holland (more people from holland here?). im 2.0 metres long and should lose some weight but because right now i am not able to sport its harder. hopefully after my amp. ill be able to enjoy doing sports.

i have darkblond, short hair and steelblue eyes topped off by a pair of glasses. ive been married since june 2001 and since may 2002 we are parents to a girl twin (emma and sanne). thats it for now!

good idea, gizmo!

bye bye!! emiel

Hi GIZ GURL , did you say purple hair ? :D :D :D LOVE IT .

OK , let's see , I am 30 years old and five foot six about 125 lbs and have an athletic figure . ( i love to wrok out ) I have blondish hair normaly but i dye all the time . today it is sort of redish blone with green and red streaks in it ... tomorrow , who knows . I live in my own as well and am not seeing anyone either .

Let's see , I went to university for three years ( phys-ed ) but never finished since I was just having way too much trouble focusing ( ADD ) but I wouild really like to try and finish it . I LOVE motorcycle racing and riding but for now , i will have to wait a bit for that .

Oh yes , I love to wear funky cloths ( well , i did at one time ) and love my new wave and punk rock music . ( sorry but no tatoos ... have nose and lip ring ring though ) The picture of me on the forum site is the best one I have now and was taken at my mom's house with her web cam . ( I don't have / want one ) I will see if i can dig up a " before picture " and try to post it here .

mj

I'm a 36 pretty close to 37 year old female 5'5" 135 lbs but trying to lose about 5 to 10 lbs. I have brown hair but dye it with a red tint since most of my family thinks I have a temper like a red head. I have no tatoos and don't plan on getting one. I have my belly button pierced which I got a year ago... I am always running and have just started a little bit of weight training hoping to get a little more fit before I hit the big 40 in 3 years.. UGH

I have two kids my oldest daughter Lorraine is 14 and my youngest dauger Marie Antoinette is going to be 11. I have a dog named max. And I am married to the most wonderful man!! Although sometimes he's for sale (free) to a good home. All in all he is very supportive of me and cheers me on while sitting on the couch with his remote.. LOL

We have a Harley Davidson and I keep bugging him to teach me to ride but I have not convinced him of such YET!!

me_and_girls_Ga

I'm in the mood for posting today!

Im 6 ft 2 with short hair. Funny thing is that a few yrs ago I had a purple streak in it and now when I look in the mirror I cant imagine it at all. These days Im thankful for whatever hair I have!

Live on my own as I never seem to stop travelling, but to be honest I did enjoy Paris a whole hck of a lot more than rural Alabama where I am today.

Cheers all

Keith

PS Im a motorcycle fanattic as well,

I have 3 Brit Bikes.

OK , i need to make a small change to my description . I LIED about the color of my hair by saying that today my hair is redish blond with green and red streaks . It is now rainbow colored . ( just got back home from the cool hair place )

mj

I am 42 yrs young, long brown hair ( did have blonde highlights once but never bothered again). 5ft 5inch tall, slimish.

I do have a tattoo, had it done 4yrs ago because i was due to have op to remove a tumour from my spine, this meant i would be left with a scar 7-8 inches long down the right side of my back, so to give the surgeons something to look at during the op i had a dolphin tattooed on the left side.

When i am working it is as a sales assist for a stationary shop called Rymans.

I have been married to Paul for almost 16 years, we met on my 18th birthday, wed in Gretna Green exactly 8 yrs later ( Gretna Green is just over the Scottish border, where young couples used to elope to from England if their parents wouldn`t consent to marriage).We didn`t exactly elope but we didn`t tell anyone except our parents.

We have one son who is 14yrs old, he is mad about sport and if he is not out playing football or basketball or athletics then he can usually be found perched in front of this pc chatting to his mates.

Lesley, Chester UK

Well the best way to know all about me and my Family is to visit my Family Website.

http://www.jdd.freeservers.com

Hope you like it!

Things that are not on the site....well, I'm 42 years young and have 5 tattoos...everything else is on the site!

Janet B)

Hi, I am 57yrs young, almost 5' tall, tho I've heard it said you shrink when you get older, so I could be 4' tall by now, :lol: I weigh 110 lbs, hair is brownish with few blonde high-lites, sorry Gizmo my days have gone by for purple hair :lol: Tho I did do it green for St Patrick's Day, many, many years ago, and thought I was pretty darn B) but my family didn't... Oh well. :huh: My eyes are blue and I've never had a tatoo or any piercing done, not even my ears, to chicken I guess. :D

I graduated from high school, went to work in retail and ended up at Toys 'R' Us, tho I no longer work. I live with my husband of almost 18yrs and our three birds, 'Shadow' the cocketiel, 'Scooter' the parakeet and 'Sweetpea' the parrotlett, they all can talk and are a lot of fun. Ok I know, but hey, I'm 57 and it doesn't take as much to amuse me these days!!!! :P :lol:

I have a wonderful son who will be 39 this May, WOW he's catching up fast and a lovely daughter-in-law and two wonderful grand children.

We enjoy our boat to just relax in, maybe do a little fishing, or take the grand-kids tubbing. Our winters can get pretty cold here, so not much outdoor activity going on, for us any ways!! So it's actually been a rather sheltered life :( tho I wouldn't trade places with anyone. Who knows, I just may bust out of my shell any day now!!! :lol:

Sheila, LBK

Maine- USA

Keep Smiling :)

Some people have told me I look like Ron Howerd but with brown hair instead of...well no hair. At least I don't look like Clint Howerd.LOL

Hi

I am 28, weigh 215, married, one five year old girl , and one five month old boy. I live in the Gods country(KENTUCKY USA).I love to hunt and fish. I am lucky to have a private five acre lake in my back yard. My family is great. We more or less have a family reunion every weekend durring the warm weather consisting of a campfire and fishing.

See ya

CLint

Liliquoi....i still can't make out what is on the pic you have put on here..... :huh:

As for myself, the pic says it all....

Yes, i've been really boring and stayed with the conventional blond highlights...Not like our two gurlies Giz and MJ ! I'm also tall, 5,11 ft. I wouldn't say super thin but slimmish (??! :blink: )...like trying to desperately keep a half way sporty figure - :P gym 2 x a week. I have a race bike so often cycling around the countryside.

I think people who have been through an ordeal, like an amputation, automatically have a certain radiance that shines from them, and that, in my opinion, is one of the aspects that defines beauty and 'good-lookingness'...

happy sunday!

kaz

Hi All,

I have a 50 year old body and a 21 year old mind haha :huh: I have blond hair (out of a bottle, probably as grey as they come really!) I am 5ft 4ins tall and am about a stone overweight, which I intend to something about once I've had my op :(

I have a husband, Ron, two sons, Chris 24 and Andy 20, and a dog called Sandie. Chris and his partner Lucy are getting married next year in August, and my goal is to walk down the aisle (not as the bride) in a short skirt and heels, something I haven't done since I was 18. My kids probably won't know me without trousers.

Ron has a Suzuki GSX 600F, which I used to love riding as pillion, hopefully I will be able to again this time next year. He won't go on it at the moment, says two of us with bad legs would not be good, he's the pessimist of the family :blink:

I work for Cheshire County Council Social Services (when I'm there), at a day centre for the elderly. I work in the office as general dogs body and really love my job, can't wait to get back and give them hell for letting everything slide while I've been off.

I love going on holiday abroad. Went on a Med cruise with my husband last October, it was a bit of a struggle on crutches but the crew were fantastic. Anyone ever been to Naples? I know now why they say 'See Naples and Die' its because of the traffic, well I reckoned they wouldn't run over a cripple so I put my best crutch forward and stepped into battle, you see they didn't run me down, I'm still here to tell the story, pretty frightening though.

Bye for now, great idea this to get to know everyone.

Pam R. Cheshire, England.

Trying to send photo, hope it works this time!!

post-12-1082312459.jpg

Hi all,

I've just looked at Marianne's photo and I look a bit like her - spooky!! Same hair colour as the pic also. Naturally auburn - but I dye it reds and gingers also.

I'm 5 ft tall - well on one side I am - and 4 1/2 ft on the other now!! I'm a divorced mum of 2 boys aged 7 and 9. Would make a great singles ad - don't you think ....Divorced mum of 2 with 1 and 1/2 legs - but a fab sense of humour!!!!!!!!! Ok maybe not... :lol:

I work as a training officer in Cardiff for a local charity that recycles household items and also provides training, education, skills and qualifications for mostly adults - but for kids excluded from school also. (ages from 14 to 65 and up) I love my job and thats why I returned to work 7-8 weeks after my op. I work with great people and we always have a good laugh. Our trainees are all very different and its a good feeling to have provided support, assistance or helped them back into employment. I also help to provide motivational courses for those who need to unlock their potential.

I love the beach and enjoy body boarding too. B)

Well thats me,

Sue :rolleyes:

But SUE , my hair is now RAINBOW colored ... well until the next time i do something to it . ( ok , let's see , pink , green , neon colors ... anything is possible with me )

mj aka : harley

Hiya Lili , well , i was talking about this thread to my girlfriend and she sent me a picture of me that she took about a month before my accident but then i had my hair dyed boring brown . ( i deleted the picture by mistake ) However , i have since changed my ways and went back to my " normal " self .

mj

well at the mo am blonde 5 foot 2 and a forehead .a size to big for the mo blue eyes but all could change tomorrow maybe red hair or i quite fancy pink but think kids would disown me but would not be thr first time .next week re pierceing my nose and if enough money my belly button too .

also would like a tatoo but hubby says wait until we get married and we can have tatoo rings am 38 but in the head a great big teenager who loves to go to the pub and watch the footie rugby in a lads atmosphere

I was looking for the picture I posted a while ago, to show MJ how alike our dogs are, and I thought seeing as we have quite a few new members now, it would be interesting to update this posting.

Any more photos out there, don't be shy, it's nice to put a face to a name.

Pam

Cheshire, England

XX

Hi

I dont think it was a good idea to ask what people look like

but I am just telling you...

Lesley

I think we are fine as long as we don`t give actual personal details like addresses and phone numbers.

You are right in that we need to be careful with these types of things.

At least with a picture or something substantial, we have a better idea of who we're talking to. Don't you think we should know who we're talking to Amp girl?

OK. Bear What did I do wrong and how did you get it to fit better? Vince