What do you all look like?

Hey Johannah

I dont think it really matters what we look like

I mean if its important then thats fine

but I was just telling everyone what I thought

sorry to be rude about it

Lesley

OK. Bear  What did I do wrong and how did you get it to fit better?  Vince

Pictures can be huge coming off the camera. You need to use photo editing software to resize them for the PC screen. The camera may have included software on a CD. If not, you can find free programs on download.com. The program I use is Paint Shop Pro (not free). Hope that helps.

Relax Ampgirl. There is no harm in asking a group of people to describe themselves or show a photo, no one is going to be offended if you choose not to reply to the request :)

I don't particularly like my looks, but I think we all feel a bit like that at times. If I were to describe myself I would only give you the negative features. So when I have figured it out how to do it I will put up a photo.

You and all of us have too many other things to worry about that whether or not to describe/show ourselves, something that we do everytime we go out in public.

Please do not take offence to my reply, I certainly mean no one any harm from this site, I do not know where I would be without you all.

June

Hmmm , i wonder , what if there was no such thing as a carmara and no way to see what another person loks like ...

I guess the point i'm trying to sort of make is that what is really important is what we are like INSIDE . If we are loving , caring , giving and all the possitive things that should be what life and living is all about , then , why worry about what peopl will se on the outside wheen if one REALLY wants to see what your all about , they neeed to look within one to see the REAL you .

Remember , EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFULL .

The beauty form within :

i look in the mirror and look who i see ,

i see a great reflection of me ,

i look a bit deeper and see what i find,

a heart of gold because it is kind ,

i understand when a person is sad ,

i cheer them on and make them glad

i have no special super looks ,

however it love and joy that my heart cooks ,

don't worry about the outside so much

let people see your insides and such ,

your actions will say what your words need not

your special because it a soul that you got

let others see what you are like in side ,

and tell theem there is no need to hide ,

what the world need is more of you ,

and theem they will see ther love as you do .

Hey everyone, I didn't mean to upset you all, I'm no oil painting, just thought it would be nice to see who I was talking to.

Sorry :(

Love Pam

Reading thru these postings made me think of a neat story that Anne Lamott writes in her book "bird by bird". Her very best friend is in late stages of cancer and they decide to go shopping, to spend some time together. Anne goes into the dressing room and comes out wearing something new, asks her friend, "do these make my butt look big?"

Her friend very calmly says, "Oh anne...you really dont have that kind of time."

I love that...a woman who is dying, reminding her friend that life is too short to worry about senseless things like that. I think about that line many times, when I want to dwell on UNimportant things.

I love knowing what everyone looks like and appreciate any and all pictures that are posted. I think Lesley is just being (rightfully) cautious, since she is still a teenager and really should be careful about things on the internet.

So post away, my friends...I would love to see/hear what you look like! My picture will be coming soon...

Judy :D

Lbk

Utah

I will post a pic - when I figure out how to do it!!!!!!

Watch this space

:P

Sue - Cardiff - UK

It seems we need step by step instructions on how to get our photos on here.

I would post mine if

a) i knew how to

B) i had a good one to post.

I will get the web cam working to take a still and when some kindly soul lets us inon the secret of how to post a photo i will have a go. :)

As for being careful, you only have to post a head and shoulders photo at the most, what harm can that do. So long as you are at your end of the pc and whoever is at their end then what can happen.

I also think we should bring the topic to an end. No offence to anyone, we are all entitled to a say but i think enough has been said.

I get the feeling some are getting a bit upset and thats not what this forum s about , is it!!

You are still priety cute Jo, Don't down yourself. You have most women beat out in looks I think

Yes no offense here

and ya'll are all right

thanks for being so nice here

Lesley

Thanks, but I had arms and no crowsfeet then! :lol: Not to mention, I was alot taller then too. ;) I'd show you, but it's become quite obvious that I am completely incapable of posting pictures on this site! Don't ask how I managed to get the one on, because I have no clue!

You are still priety cute Jo, Don't down yourself. You have most women beat out in looks I think

I'll have to agree with you on this one.

Well it's been awhile but if you know how to access my personal photo, (I've figured out how to place it in my profile, but don't know how to access it) you will see why I have been away, I have received my temp a couple of weeks ago and am now walking unassisted. My CPO may have to re-form my socket as I have shrunk alot in the past 2 weeks, (up to 12 ply at times) Please no screaming when you see my photo!!! Now that I am mobile again, in due time I will be back up on my skates and will lose the weight I put on being in a wheelchair off and on for 7 years. Take care all and hope to see more photo's on here...it's nice to place a face with what your reading...helps to get to know one another better.

Marie

okay i managed to do it. This is a photo of myself and my workmates on a night out to say goodbye to our manager, she was leaving to live in Spain.

I am the one on the left, in the wheelchair of course.

post-12-1088116224.jpg

Lesley

Great picture, I posted mine so long ago I can't remember how to do it now!!! ;)

Did you scan it and save it in My documents?

Pam.

Yes Pam, i scanned the picture in and saved it to my pictures. It took me a while to figure out how to get it here, i kept clicking on the browse box but when i checked on preview post it didn't show, then i realised that it doesn't show until you actually add the reply. It had me confused for ages. :rolleyes:

There isn't too many people posting with there pics. I'll try to post one when I get off work tonight.

Okay...I tried this five times earlier today, it would not post. Johnny helped me shrink it but I cant seem to get it to the posting. It freezes up as soon as I hit "add reply"....I will try one last time, then beg johnny to post it for me.

This is a picture my daughter took recently, that we sent to the friend that mailed me the ankle bracelet. Now I not only get to wear sandals, but ankle jewlrey too!

Judy

Utah

LBK

post-12-1088626827.jpg

I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT! I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was clicking on "open it", not "save it to computer" when I was moving it from johnnys email to the computer....WHEW! It seems kind of blurry..did I do something wrong?

Anyway, this is me....with my latest bionic leg. I will post another photo this fall, wtih my skin leg.

judy

utah

lbk

HI all,

This is me and steve the night we gotr engaged. The photo does not do us justice though!!

post-12-1088674986.jpg

Ok, finally got the nerve up to post a pic. I'm the one on the right - the looney on the left is my hubby who had quite a few under the belt at a Xmas do last year! :P

Before you ask - the theme was 'Mad Hats' and that's meant to be mistletoe on his!

post-12-1088689541.jpg

I think I've cracked it now. This is a photo of me, my hubby Ron and my two sons Chris and Andy, taken last year at my 50th birthday party. Very rare to get us all in one photo!

post-12-1088701459.jpg