Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
ampskier

Surgery

I'll be having sugery on my foot to remove Morton's Nuroma. I just want Mortin to know I really don't like this but I've been suffering with this for years. I'm looking foward to getting it out.

Surgery is Friday April 23. Personally I think I've had enough sergeries to last 6 lifetimes. I think old Josh and I should get together and spread our surgeies out over the rest of Earth's population.

I'll be staying at my folks house for a week so I'll probably be posting here a lot. See you all Friday. I'll let you know how it went. Hopefully they won't have to amputate. I'm running out of feet.

Ampskier,

I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything turns out great!

I'll be in SLT over the 4th of July weekend (a friend of ours is getting married on the "M S Dixie II" out of Zepher Cove...I used to live at SLT!) and would love to meet you and introduce you to my Husband!

Keep positive thoughts and if I see this Morton guy, well I'll send him Lili's way! :lol:

Janet

That would be great! I'd love to get together for luch or dinner or something. Drop me an e-mail. Better yet I'll PM you with my phone number.

Dear ampskier

Good luck with surgery on Friday, hope all goes well.

I will be thinking of you.

I have been in and out of hospitals a fair few times myself over the last 10 years, different ops for different things, i know it gets you down.

I have so many scars running down the right side of my body that at one point i was going to have a little train tattooed on them because it looked like i had a train track from head to toe. :lol:

Love and best wishes for Fri, Lesley, Chester UK

I've always perceived my times in hospital as part of the 'occupational' hazard of being an amputee. So I take my entertainments and survival bag with me :D

Talking of hospitals, our county hospital has had bedside Tv, internet etc consols installed. The only prob' with them is you can't switch them off. They are programmed to stay on for 15 hours :blink: Which would drive me nut.

Good luck, take care

Steve

doggie

Be a bit careful with those computer/tv things. The first time i used one i purchased the card £1 and put another £4 on, 2 days tv viewing. No matter what time you start viewing the cut off is 3.55 am. I started viewing around 8.30pm on the first night of my hospital stay and as i was in so much pain i didn`t sleep that night, when 3.55am eventually came round the screen put a message saying that the 24hr viewing was over and that it would be £2 for the next 24hrs,please insert card with minimum amount needed. I took out the card and re-inserted it straight away and the value of £2 was taken straight off ( the amount on the card is shown at the bottom of the screen).About 2 minutes later the same screen came up again telling me the card was empty and needed a minimum amount of £2 for tv viewing. Apparently i had put the card back in to early, so i had lost £2. The lady who was in charge of the tv`s did her round whilst i was in theatre so i missed her that day and although i left a message for her when i got back she never responded, i gave up trying on that occasion.

Another thing is the machines where you top up the cards keep going offline and some days you just cannot get to load your card, nothing you can do about it as it is an internet connection fault.

Also the cost of sending emails and making phone calls can be astronomical at certain times during the day and if someone phones in to your bed phone the cost of the call from a land line is very expensive, although these are times when you don`t mind what it costs it is so nice to get the call, you don`t think about it until you get home and see the phone bill. I played war with my son when i saw my phone bill and he pointed out to me that most of it was calls he made to my hospital bed phone to see that i was ok and to cheer me up. What could i say ! not a lot.

Just thought i would point out these little things, so long as you bear them in mind then the new pc/tv/phone is a great idea.

Lesley, Chester UK

Hi Lesley

I reckon I'll be back in for re-section in the next couple of months. But I did say I would take my survival and entertaiments bag. Which consists of:

Atrac system cd player, 3 cd's.(Each has about 200 single tracks on them)

2 un-read books, 2 code word puzzle books, PDA, 1/4 bottle brandy (medicinial purposes :D ) a miniture Tv set, mobile phone and a few other bits.

But I very rarely stay on the ward. Apparently when I was first ill after the aneurysm burst (3 1/2 years before my amp) Someone wrote on my notes that I became clinicaly depressed if confined to a ward. (Must have been when I was in my morphine era) so the staff let me go off ward. I have my own 'routine' and it fits in with theirs. I've been out to dinner with my family and returned back to the ward. I've always been back on the ward when a Dr or whoever wanted to see me. I have been in so many times that on one occassion I had to book myself in. So I tend to perceive my times in hospital as a 'holiday'.

I will add that I always ask the staff for permission to leave the ward and that they know I take full responsibility for myself. I even self medicate and inject myself.

Best as ever

Steve

quips10.gif

I hope you have uneventful surgery and you are out of hospital quickly :)

Eric,

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow when you have your surgery.. Please let us know as soon as you can that you are home and doing ok.. OK??

Good Luck Eric, I'm sure you'll be up and about in no time, not easy to keep a good skier down. :D

Sheila, LBK

Maine- USA

Keep Smiling :)

Hi Eric,

GOOD LUCK for Friday - take care and I hope you'll be home soon.

SUE :blink:

ERIC! Hope you catcht this message before you go in...will be thinking of you tomorrow! I would guess it is not a coincidence that you are checking into the hospital right after ski season ended.... :)

Sending happy, healing thoughts your way!

Judy

Utah (where we have a tiny bit of snow left...)

LBK

Dear Eric,

Sorry to hear about your surgery on Friday.I will pray for a swift recovery and a pleasant Hospital visit.

Would it be inappropriate to ask who "Morton" is ?

Debbie

HYYYYYYYYYYYY Eric , I will be thinking you fur sure and wish you a quick and speedy recovery . I do have an idea of what you should do after you get out . How about dying your hair RED . Oh , c'mon now , dare to be different . Best of luck and i am thinking of you ... getting back on the ski slops for more skiing .

mj

Thank you all. I'll be back in less than 24. It's accually not a major surgery. They won't even knock me out (I can't afford it) They will just hack away at my foot while I'm reading my book.

Josh's mom asked

Would it be inappropriate to ask who "Morton" is ?

I have a Morton's Nuroma. It's an inflamed nerve in my foot that causes extrieam pain. I just wanted to know who Mortin was and why he put his nuroma in my foot!!

I'm really touched by all your suport and PMs. Johnny I'll need pore room in my message box.

Eric

MJ I'll think about it....otherwise I'll have Lilli protect me.

Hey I have a weakness for red heads...not male red heads. I prefer the female type.

Lilli have you seen the original Dune movie? Sting is in it practicly naked! You'd like that I bet

LOL

Ok what ever you want. Dune is a really old movie 1982 I think, He looks preity good if you ask this strait guy.

Eric

<-----Don't mind him. He's high on Vicadin.