Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
hash

Self Help

I am looking for any advice anyone can give to help me start a self help group in Halton Cheshire.

Tell me what you know please.

hash

Chris

Hi,

I live in Cheshire but i don`t know wherE Halton is. I actually live in Chester but i don`t drive so i wouldn`t be able to meet very often if it is to far away, thats not to say i wouldn`t try at all. I don`t know of any other support groups in the Cheshire area si it is always a good thing. I go to Clatterbridge for my prosthesis and The Countess of Chester for physio.

Keep me posted on this one, i shall certainly track it.

Lesley, Chester UK

Hi Hash and welcome.

It might be an idea to put some postings on your local limb centre to have a look at people's needs / requirements for a local help group.

I live in Cardiff - so I'm a fair distance away sorry.

Good luck.

Sue :blink:

Hash,

Welcome to the forum... I'm to far away for your group..(I live in the US) but I wish you luck in forming a group.

Welcome to the froum Hash. I'm sorry, I can't help you there either, live in the US as well. But what I did here was talk to my CP and gave him a letter that stated why I thought it was so important to have a support group somewhere near our area. He gave my letter to the Director of the Amputee Clinic, as I asked him to do and perhaps along with other people's request as well, one was started. So don't give up, someone, somewhere will listen to you I'm sure, b/c they really can serve a great purpose. I wish you good luck and please keep us posted on how it's going. :D

Sheila, LBK

Maine- USA

Keep Smiling :)

Hi Chris,

Try writing to the Chester Chronicle Newspaper asking them to put a piece in their weekly health spot. The paper distributes both City and Country editions that cover most of Cheshire.

Lesley

hi hash sorry live in france and finding it hard enough to find a self help group here but wish you well in your new adventure

Hi. Just wondered if you got any further on this one. I went to Clatterbridge yesterday to get my socket padded as it has got too big, they managed to fit me in at short notice. Whilst i was there i noticed that they have a board with support group details. I couldn`t get any details for you i`m afraid as i didn`t have my reading glasses with me :( , i could only see the bold printed titles. I am useless aren`t i lol!! :rolleyes:

Have a look next time you are there, i think my next appointment is in about six weeks time, beggining of June.