Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ampskier

High on Vicadin

You'll be happy to know the surgery went very well. NBD

I woke up around 5, had a light breakfast and my Dad and I hit the road. I had dropped off my perscriptions in Truckee to be filled and we got to Truckee around 845. Unfortunatly the pharmacy didn't open till 9. I got my drugs and we headed for Sparks, got there even befor the Dr.

An interesting side bar. The Dr is the husband of my sister's best friend. I've known his wife sence she was about 7 (She is now 33). She's pregnant (again, 2nd time) and was to have an ultra-sound to determan the gender of her baby (it's a boy!). My mother and sister werer in a race to find out first and mom asked me to let her know ASAP. Anna came in and was suprised to see my Father and I sitting in the waiting room. So Anna, my Dad and I talked for a bit.

Well Dr came in and the set me up for surgery. He hacked away at my foot and pulled out the nerve. I was fully awake for surgery. The Dr just used a local to numb my foot. At one point I got really couris as to what he was doing and looked down at my foot. Then I decided that I should prtobably put my head back down and go back to reading my book.

Anyway the sugery went really well and I'm high on Vicadin right now.

Thanks for all your support. I'll post more when I'm righter in the head.

Cheers

Eric

Eric,

Glad to hear that everything went well! Get some rest!

Eric,

Glad to hear that all went well... I hope you have a speedy recovery..

Great news on the surgery, eric....now a contest for us...what BOOK was eric reading while they tore up his foot?...."One Step Ahead?".....any clever ideas???.

Judy

Utah

LBK

cast.gif

Great that the worst is over and you are on the road to recovery. Hope you are up and about soon :)

*Did the book you were reading have anything to do with skiing moguls?

:rolleyes: Hi Eric,

I'm glad your surgery went well and I wish you a speedy recovery - take it easy.

Sue

I'll give you all a hint of the book. It's a new releace Sci-Fi. Takes place about 10,000 years in the future, 10,000 years before another very famouse book sierise.

My foot's sore today but I otherwise feel fine. I'm very highly irritated about not being aBLe to walk. You'd think I'd enjoy being waited on It's just very irritating to have to ask somebody for everything I need. It is nice though to have somebody willing to get it for me.

Eric

Hey this is my 100th post. I'm now a super member.... ;)

Hi Eric, so good to hear your surgery went well. May you also have a speedy recovery.

Sheila, LBK

Maine- USA

Keep Smiling :)

I'm taking a diffrnet, less powerful pain killer now. It still hurts but I really don't want to get addicted to Vicadin. Also I want to save it for night time.

Eric