Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ampskier

ichy foot

My foot is driving me nutso. Not that I was far from nutso before but this is just crazy.

On top of hurting it itches like crazy. I've been using an unbent coat hanger to get inder the bandage. That works ok. Any other suggestions?

Eric,

I would suggest trying everything in your power NOT to think about it. I know that's easier said than done, but, let's face it, you can't get to that itch at the moment, so don't waste your energy trying. Ask people around you to distract you with something or try and distract yourself. The more you think about the itch, the more itchy it becomes.

Thought of a new name for ya anyway - ITCHY!!! :P

When my nephew was in a cast he used to use a knitting needle to get down there. It had a little knob on the end, you wouldn't want to use the knitting side. Don't suppose you have one lying around but maybe you could find something in your kitchen like a barbecue skewer (not the pointy end!)

Try other coat hangers.

Sheila

Eric,

over here we used to be able to buy back scratchers, i haven`t seen one for ages, they are a long thin piece of wood or plastic with small teeth at the end,not sharp but enough to help get rid of an itch in an awkward place.

Lesley, Chester UK

Ok just trying to psyce you guys out. My foor is itchy but I'm not using a coat hanger to scratch. I'm not scratching at all! Just trying not to think about it. The Dr gave me this new drug that's based on ibuprofin (Motrin) but it's not supose to be as bad on your stomach. It really seems to help with the itchyness.

I'm not sure I want to think about what it's going to look like when the Dr takes off the bandage next Thursday.

Eric,

Something else you may try is to take an antihistamine. Benedryl works very well for this, at least for me.

Hope you are feeling better!

Any voleteers? MJ, Lilli, well never mind Lilli, she's Married! MJ would be ok though as long as she's not married too.

Eric :rolleyes:

Eric,

Jdd had the best answer. By the way, I am lost what happened to your foot?

If you can apply it on the skin, put something that has cortisone, otherwise, take benedril but it will make you feel sleepy so don't go driving away after had taken it

Those darn trees keep moving to the middle of the road when I take Benni. I had surgery last friday but my foot is feeling much better thanks :D

Hey Eric,

I sugest you contact someone to have those darn tree cut... how dare them to jump in front of any one who just took benedryl and is driving!! they deserve some amputation, right?