Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
matthew

help needed for research

Hi everyone

I’m a PhD student at University of Surrey Roehampton and I am researching gait (walking) in BK amputees. As you may know, research requires subjects and so I need your help.

If there are any BK amputees in the London area who are aged between 18-45 years, are good walkers and at least 1 year post op please contact me if you would like to be a subject or require further information. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.

Thank you for your help

Matt Taylor

You're not doing this phd in between playing down the left for Portsmouth FC are you?... or are ou another Matt Taylor?

(I'm AK btw, so no use I'm afraid)

I hope I fit your discription. If you're willing to pay travle expences I'd love to take trip to London! My family and I stayed in London once over night by accident.

If you don't want to pay for a trip from California to London I'll gladly tape a video of myself walking. Just let me know what you want.

Oh I'm a BK amputee, I walk very well and am 31 years post op (I'm 34 yerars old)

Eric

welder4370@msn.com

If you send me an e-mail make sure you put what the subject is. All unknown address are dilivered to my junk mail box. I skim through it and delete all the mails with no subject or subjects like "Granny getting it on!"

Hi oneblueleg and eric

thanks for replying - firstly im not the same matt taylor who plays for portsmouth

secondly if i could afford it, which i certainly cannot - poor student!, eric i would fly you over as i need subjects in my lab so thanks for offer of videoing youself but i would need you in person with all my biomechanical lab stuff to fully analyse you.

thanks again

matt

Maybe we can set up a ramp in New York and I'll jump the pond in my pick-up truck :D

Me, me-I'll do it. I'm in the Midlands though, but would be happy to split the diff on the travelling down there as I can make some other convenient excuse like umm, shopping and spending all hubby's dosh-that would certainly make interesting research watching me blaze round Carnaby and Oxford Street :lol: I can certainly walk quite well and am several years post-op, so I fit the criteria so will e-mail you.

Hi Matt,

I'm 35 and have a right below knee amp - I walk in the same way as I did pre- op - BUT I'm only 6 months post op!! :P

I'm in Cardiff if any any use to you.

Sue :rolleyes:

Hi Matt,

I would be very interested in supporting this research. I have done gait analysis for Otto Bock many times. I have been wearing a BK Prosthesis for about 23 years post op (Jeeez, that makes me sound ancient....well, i'm ONLY 33... :D) I walk very, very well. I live in Germany but i am in London often. Flight costs are not the issue. Drop me a PM....

cheers Kaz