Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
katiesmom

Need to be strong for her

To All Moms out there,

I too prayed for a miracle for Matt's leg, but the foot had to come off. I have decided that MY miracle was having my son alive and all his mental facilities in tact. Because Matt should have died or been paralized. I am THANKFUL to have him even if its with only one foot.

So I guess we all need to count our blessings. Although we dont always understand, or even like situations that arise in our lives, we must trust that GOD knows what HE is doing in allowing this to happen in our children lives and ours...

Keep smiling...... it HAS to get better :D

Vicki

Donna,

Matt would like to talk to Katie...Is there a number or instant message or email that he can meet her at? It might do her some good to talk about the phan. pain with someone, or to just talk with someone her age that can truely understand...

Did she get released frrom the hospital?

Vicki

Vicki,

I tried to reply to your private message to me yesterday but it wouldn't let me! Am I just dain bramaged or is this not an allowable feature here? Katie is on AOL, you can use AIM too of course. Her s/n, e-mail address is Katie10L. Let us know when she could meet him online. We're in CA., what time zone are you in? She came home from the convalescent home with me yesterday. The main problem she's having besides phantom pain is fastening the %^%# stump shrinker after using the bathroom,without falling over. Hope everyone is having a nice week-end. I am moving us (finally!) into a home this week-end. It will be EVER so nice to sleep in our own beds again :)

Katiesmom,

Donna

(and Tyler, Zach and Russ' mom too) :rolleyes:

Dear Donna and Katie, :P

So glad to hear you have Katie at home now, I couldnt wait to have Niki home , just for some normality back in our lives. I hope you have a great time shopping together, im sure you both will have a laugh.

Hi to Vicki and Matt, :D hope all is well , I sent you a pm . hope you received it .

hear from you soon

Vicki and Niki : :D

Donna,

I'm so glad that Katie is out of the Convalescent home it should be so much better for her to be home. I know it was easier for me to sleep once I got home. In the rehab hospital the only way I could sleep was by taking a sleeping pill every night and boy did I hate that. One night I tried without it and the lady beside me snored so much and loud that I couldn't sleep all night and after that and for the rest of my stay I took the sleeping pill.

Have fun shopping that is one of my favorite things to do. Have lots of fun and by something nice.

Hope to hear from Katie again soon.

Huggs to both.

Brenda :wub:

Donna,

Just wandering how you and Katie are adjusting? Please keep in touch. :wub:

Vicki

Hello Katie and Katie's mom,

Hi my name is Jamie Lee I am an above the knee amputee. I was born with one leg greatly short then I other so at the age one they amputated so I could be fitted with a leg. I don't really know the pain of having a leg then not having. I was very greatfull for that. I am still bitter some days and ask why did this have to happen to me. But I keep thinking it could a hell of alot worse, but I still have my day when I feel sorry for myself. I am 25 years old and I look at those girls out there wear skirts and stuff and I don't want to put one on, becuse I don't want people to know about my leg. I want to people to get to know me for me and not the fact that I am missing a leg.

Your story really touched me and I can't imagine the pain the suffering you guys have gone through. I know as a mom it must have been horrible, and my mom tells me it was hell for her. She still see me get down but we joke about cause what else can you do.

So Katie it you ever need to talk you can get ahole of me. If you want to talk about how cloths fit, boys and all that other girls stuff just feel fee. I have found great support on this site and have found some great girls to talk too. I thought some of the questions I had were pretty stupied but there are other people on this site asking the question and who have the same fears.

So I hope you guys are doing well, and you will be in my thoughts and have a special place in my heart.

keep in touch.

Jamie Lee

Hi! My name is Vince. I live in Georgia. I am a recent(4/14) bilateral (both legs) amputee. I fell off a car while working at the railroad and was ran over. :( I was saved by 2 co-workers,my guardian angels, and my faith in God. My recovery has been quick compared to some others. Prayers from friends and family has had a lot to do with it. I'm waiting to get fitted with my new legs. Both you and your daughter should be happy about one thing, she is still alive and with you. She will be doing just about everything she did before just a little bit differently. I'm sorry to hear she has had a rough recovery. She needs to realize God is not through with what He wants her to do. We are spared from dying in order to do more of His work here. Many people will be affected by her. I have seen it in my life already. What has happened is in the past, it can't be changed, so live on for the next day and the next and so on. The more strength you show for each other the better you both will do. Please, I'm no religious fanatic,but do not lose faith! My Mom,bless her soul, always told me " The Lord gives you what you need,not what you want". You may pray and feel He doesn't answer, but He may give you things you don't realize. You will find a lot of good support here and also in a regular support group. Please look for one in your area! I'm getting one started here because there wasn't one. I've attended another one and can't tell you how much good it will do BOTH of you! Keep in touch, e-mail me if you want. Keep us updated on the progress of BOTH of you! God bless everyone! Vince :D