Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brenda

Life is so funny sometimes..

I can give you many laughs thoughout my life as an amputee but this one is the best one...

I was in the 10th grade cooking class providing food for the day care class.. My friend and I had the duty of taking the kids the food. On the way back we decided to run back to class through an open field between the two classes. On the way back I'm running at a pretty good clip when I find myself flat on my face. I started to wonder why and looked back thinking maybe I had tripped on a rock or something but to my surprise my foot was about 10 paces behind me. I guess my forward momentum kept me going until I couldn't go anymore. Needless to say the foot was broken where the foot bolted on so I could not fix it. I was sent home from school since the school was pretty big.

When I got home my dad couldn't take me to the Prosthetist office because it was over an hour away so he taped my foot on with duct tape until I could get an appointment.

Life is so funny sometimes..

I always try to find a funny in everything.

Brenda :D

Good stuff Brenda,

That duct tape comes in handy.

I had a similiar breakage a few years ago, I was walking in a shopping centre and the bolt that held my foot on also broke, and it went off with a bang. It sounded like a gun shot.

Rgds Glenn :) :)