Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ampskier

Bandage off

I'm very happy to say the Dr took off the bandage today. He told me the insition looks like a 3 week old rather than 2 weeks. He seemed very happy with the progress of my healing.

I took a real shower today that felt REALLY good and I was able to really wash my foot for the first time in two weeks. The dr told me that I can expect an increase in pain over the next few days then the pain will decrese over the next few weeks untill it goes away alltogether. :D

I really want to go hiking but the dr said no. Well ok the snow's not all melted yet anyway.

Eric

PS HEre's wishing good luck to Lilli

An increase in pain before the decrease?! Yikes. Glad you are healing so quickly and that you are already planning an excursion. You are such a spunky guy :)

Hi Eric

I'm pleased it's going ok for you.

No more 'itching', ah! heaven :D

Take it easy, you'll soon be able to go hiking! Come to think of it, when you go hiking do you take anything with you in case of probs with your prosthesis? And are there any special preparations you make before hand?

Best regards

Steve

Good news Eric, its great to hear you are doing so well :)

Take it easy though, do as the Dr says, and don`t be so impatient, you should know better by now <_<

Seriously tho, it is good news that you are doing so well, you are an inspiration for the rest of us.

Steve,

I will carry extra stump socks to change into. The most important thing is to keep my socks dry. When I'm hiking in warm weather I can go about 2 hours before I need to change.

For safety I usually hike with a buddy (preferably female :wub: ) or I let a friend know where I'm going, how I'm getting there and when I expect to be back. That way if something goes wrong I just have to kick back and wait for rescue.

Eric

That's good Eric, glad the Dr was pleased with your progress. The energy you seem to have nothing will hold you down for long. I'm sure you'll be out there hiking soon, but until then take it easy and stay B)

Sheila LBK

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)