Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marianne

The spiraling trip to the " other " side .

I can't thin k of a better title so i hope this will work . ( I need to get this off my head so i hope on one will mind )

I would like to share a very personal " trip " with all of you because it has been on my mind for the past few days and it's bugging me to tears . Don't be afraid to use your delete key if this is too dump sounding .

This is a story ( a true story i might add ) of friendship , support , caring and the willingness to take the " ride " .

A short time ago , I met thsi really wonderfull person who has become a truely wonderfull friend and for reasons that are far beyond any explanation i will ever be able to express in words , there was / is just something that just sort of clicked , sort of like being connected , knowing what the other person thinks , wants to say , feels , you know what i mean i think . Well , as we con tinue to talk , e get sort of like into this realy deep stuff and share somee very deep held stuff .

Well , the past few days was no different , wait , it was totaly different because for some reason , one that i can either explain or totaly remember , i must have really lost it or something because , well , i ended up hurting big time a person i really like and have a great deal of caring for . We exchnged a few e-mails and a YM message or two but i had to just try and say what i wanted in a letter of my own . I fully expected , our friendship to be over and go our own seperate ways but , i never expected the responce i did get .

This morning , i received this email that in part made it very clear that we ARE stiil FRIENDS AND WILL REMAIN SO . The letter went on to say that part of a great friendship is being there for the other person to pick them up when they fall , to be led to the dark gates in inner self , just for support , to be free to cry ( just what i'm doing right now ) , vent , yell , scream , laugh , share .

As some of you may know by know , i am sort of one of these people who is a very emotional person and I sort of let it take me to where it wants to go . The down side is that sometimes , it will take me on this spiraling trip that is uncontrolable and then the big crash happens . Well , I now KNOW beyonf any doubt what so ever , that i have a wonderfull family to be there for me , a wonderfull partner who is there for AND , the VERY best friend a person can EVER have who is also will to be there for the highs , the lows , the crashes and is will to walk with me to the dark gates of inner person ( i just made that up i think ) .

So , what is the whole point of this rather long writen thingie anyway ? Well , just when you may think that no one will understand you , don't be surprised to find that if you give then a real fair chance , they just may surprise you bigly and in fact actually understand where your head is at , at the the time .

I can't promise never to show anyone the dark gates again but i do know when im arrive there , some wonderfull people will be there waiting to take me back to the light and help me wrok though what needs to be done . Thanks to my family , thanks to my friends for putting up with me . ( purple hair and all :P :P :P ) Never forget your family and friends , they may surprise you with just how much theyb really do care and understand .

Thanks for letting me share this .

Hi Marianne

it's good to really find out how much people really care about us and friendship. Unfortunately the way in which we do find out is due to the negative 'actions' of ourselves, as your post demonstrates. Of course it's not the recommended way of testing friendships :D But when these situations arise it makes us more aware of ourselves.

If the opposite applied, how would you have responded?

I know when I had the 'leg pain' I was very bad tempered with my family, but they gave me 100%+ support; regardless.

IMO forgiveness is part of the friendship package.

Thanks for sharing.

Best as always

Steve

I agree with Steve here, it`s not the best way to test a friendship but it did prove a point, you have found a rock in this person.

You should be careful not to drive people away, if you insist on putting them to the test it could have the opposite effect.

Families are a solid support network. I vent quite a lot on my husband and son but they are very understanding and my dad has been a brick.

I was with my dad visiting a friend a couple of weeks ago ( she works in a hotel) we were sitting down in the hotel lounge, talking to some people that my dad new, anyway i got up to go to the ladies, my dad went to hand me my crutches but i said i was fine as the ladies were only a short distance. On my way back i noticed these people had big smiles on their faces and one by one they all told me how well i was doing and how brave i was etc. It turned out that one of them had noticed i was limping slightly ( I had only had my limb a couple of weeks ) and he had asked my dad ( very politely) what i had done. My dad, knowing i am very open about being questioned, had very proudly told these people what had happened and he proudly told them how i was coping and dealing with my situation, he had also told them how i was looking after him since my mum had died and how much he relies on me. As i told these people, this is what families are for, unconditional love and understanding.

You are very lucky to have someone you can depend on, who doesn't just toss in the towel when things get uncomfortable. I hope you will always have an open relationship with this person to share and communicate all the ups and downs of life with. It was a lovely post to read, thank you for sharing your good fortune :)

I am so happy you have a friend like this. It's very lucky. I have a friend like that named Susan. A wonderful person who is always there for me. And I'm there for her as well.

Eric

I had something to say but sort got all fogged up with the very kind words from everyone . Funny thing about the mind , one can be very clear on some stuff and everything like that but when it cmes to ones own personal feelings , things can get really cloudy at times .

I had a wonderful conversation again today and it is as if NOTHING ever happened ... we picked up where we left of and in the end , we laughed , cried and became EVEN closer , stronger . I think we bacme more " one " . I wish i can find the words that best say what i really want to say but for now , i guess the best thing to is simply say THANKS .

" .... tried to run , tried to hide , break on through to the other side .... "

( Jim Morrison .. The Doors )