Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
tonya

O.K. need help to sell my house

Our house has been on the market for a few months and crazy people are coming to see it. CRAZY PEOPLE.

I know that people do not have the same taste in decorating but YOU CAN PAINT AND WALLPAPER OVER STUFF.

Am I the only person that sees the structure instead of my lite yellow kitchen with sunflower border?

On the stairs we had a claymore sword hanging on 2 very strong hooks. My fathers family came from scotland in 1786. The claymore and the tartan that draped it are very special to me. They ask if the hooks were used for some kind of sex act. OH PLEASE.

Any suggestions on how to sell a house. PLEASE.

I want to get settled in an apartment somewhere over the summer to get my sons into a new school system.

Not sure if we can afford to build a home, can not find a house that can accomadate me without alot of remodeling. So are going to get an apartment until we figure things out.

I STRIPPED MY KITCHEN. iT IS WHITE NOW.

I hate white walls.

They also did not like my paisley wallpaper in my bedroom. Stripping it. Painting it white.

I work for a few minutes, then I rest for a lot of minutes.

Before the amp I could have had this done in 2 days.

They also dont like my flowers. TO MUCH WORK. Them rip them up. IDIOTS.

I love my flower gardens, have worked years to get them were they are at now.

I hate the fact that I will have to leave them behind.

This week has the first week I have been outside doing things. Well trying to do things. Getting dirty has worked wonders for my head.

Heard from the disability people. At Least 2 more months before they decide anything. SLOW GOVERNMENT IDIOTS.

My mothers surgery is this coming wednesday. She is thinking of not going through the breast biopsy. I guess she thinks if she does not know what is wrong then nothing must be wrong. I am trying to convince her to go. Fingers crosssed.

she does not want me there if she does go through with it. But I will be there.

For her and to make my former coworkers nervous. They will have to face the person they made promises to and then forgot about me. I am going to have fun with them.

I have got some spirit today and everyone else I encounter today or had dealings with are idiots. Fighting with my insurance company too. The Taz is back. Watch out.

Tonya

sorry for the rambling. Brain has finally started working again.

Hey Tonya,

My friend recently sold her house to move to France. The Estate Agent told them to paint everything neutral colours - keep it simple and lose the clutter around the house (would never work in my house - have too much clutter!!). They did and sold their house within 4 weeks - now living happily in France.

I wish your mum luck - I'm sure she wants you there really - probably just worrying about you and what you've been through as well as her own worry.

Its nice to hear you positive again - fiesty is GOOD. :P

Take care and happy painting.......

Sue - Carduff - UK :blink:

Sheesh , i rushed back home to mom and ads place and see this great post / topic .

Tonya , it just so hppens that i just bought a house a very short time ago and will be moving in around the end of summer . I was going to sell my old house but since it is not too easy to sell a house in a smaller place like where i live , i decided to keep the old one as well and rent it out . Since the old house is paid for , i can use the rent income money to pay for the morgage on the new one , and , make a small prifit too :D :D :D . I don't know if this is possiible for you but if it is , it may be something to consider since then , you will have MORE assets and your personal monitary value can increase . By the way , can we re-name you SPIRIT GURL now or should we wait for Lili to officialy conduct the renaminmg cerimony. :P :P :P Go get'em gurlie

Sue is right Tonya, neutral colours are the right way to go, doesn`t have to be white, just keep to lighter tones and pastely colours. It is rotten when someone tells you they dislike something you have put your heart and soul into, you just have to ignore it and think of your future home and the way you will make it just the way you want it.

Keep up with the fighting spirit and put some of that into getting yourself well and supporting you mum through her bad time, she wil appreciate it in the end.

Naff news about the disability people but don`t give up, pester them like mad, they will see you are not to be messed with.

Keep up the good work, its great to here from you in such good spirits.

Hi Tonya nice to have you back again, sounding more like you're getting things under control. I agree, sometimes just getting outside and doing things, can work wonders for your head. I know for myself, that warm sunshine feels soooo good, it can really make you feel like a new person, especially after the loooong winter blahs. :blink:

Sorry, I don't know much about selling a house, but I do know, the one thing that sold us on our place was the nuetral color. Knowing, that way I could do any kind of decorating I wanted and didn't have to be concerned about colors matching up with our furniture, drapes, etc. Of course it's impossible to please everyone, you just can't, so do the best you can and I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it.

I wish your mother the best and I certainly hope you can convince her to go, definitely should not be ignored. Good Luck to the both of you.

Sheila LBK

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

btw.... I also agree with Sue, fiesty is GOOD!!! Tho sometimes, I tend to get a little to fiesty.... so I've been told. :P

Hi Tonya

one of the things I learnt a few years ago whilst selling a house was, don't have anyone round viewing on a Sunday! There are people who spend Sundays going round looking at property's with no intention of buying. They are just being nosey.

It's a bit like some people play golf, go hiking, do some gardening or other hobbies and interests. And some peoples hobby is looking inside other peoples houses, on Sundays. Usually you can tell who these people are by their comments. ie, I don't like this color/that color. The lounge suite doesn't match etc. Those who are interested will say, we can change this/ move that, will our four poster bed fit in etc.

I hope all goes well for you and your family.

best regards

Steve

(Who thought that the going got tough, so Tonya got going :D )

Making my house neutral is boring.

Working around the house is making me feel better.

Can not do what I used to do.

My husband and I remodeled this old victorian. I tore down every hall and ceiling. Every wire and pipe we put in. I love this house. It will be hard to let it go. But I must. It is to hard with the steps.

I have boxes all over the house.

I did not think I had so much stuff until you start packing it up.

We are going to see if we can use someones garage for awile. Getting rid of clutter. Wish me luck.

We can not rent it. We need the money. Medical bills.

wish me luck.

Tonya

Hi Tonya! I love watching decorating shows and YES neutrals are better and yes not exciting but it makes the difference according to the decorating gurures (spelling?).

You sound like you are feeling beeter - I had to smile reading your post - there was fire and spirit in your words :D . Good luck with your home I can only magine how hard it would be to sell - but remember your memories are in your heart also so they'll be going with you. Take Care! Wendy

Tonya, you're going through a great and neccessary process in order to move on in your life. You're at the fiesty stage which is great! It is a lot like grieving for a loved one and not easy. Your spirit will get you through!

You have loads of chutzpah!! Good for you!! Hope all goes well and keep the house you love in your heart with all the special touches that made it yours! Your next place will be just as great. Home is where our loved ones are, not a building or place.

Take care and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a sale!!

Caroln

Tonya, I have to agree, it is good to hear the fiestiness in your "voice". We did the neutral color/clear the clutter thing with the house we sold and it did work. We sold it in weeks. We joked that we did more in the weeks before we put it on the market that we did the whole four years we owned it. We decided that every year we should pretend we are selling the house, fix it all up, then get to live in the new clean house!

I am with you, LOVE color....but dont stress about the white, just think of the color you will get in the new house....

And I thought of you as I watered my flowers this morning. Still not 100% stable on the uneven ground of our yard, but feels GOOD to be out there, puttering in nature. My hubby turned the dirt over for me yesterday so I could plant some annuals in our flower beds...makes me happy to be digging in the dirt again, and makes me happier every time I look at my new bed.

Sending "SOLD!" thoughts your way...keep us posted!

judy

utah

lbk

Judy,

gardening, flowers,it must be the sunshine getting to us all. I was sitting in my postage stamp of a garden yesterday, plans swimming round in my head. We had a little dog until she past away a month or so ago. The garden had always been her place really, especially as she got older, she didn`t really like going for walks, especially if the weather was bad, so you can imagine what the garden was like, not the kind of place you like to sit in for too long. Anyway now that she has gone to doggy heaven i have decided that apart from my husbands small veggy patch, i am going to lay claim to the rest. Myself and a friend went looking round the garden centres on Monday so i have loads of ideas, just got to put them into action now.

Mind you let this be a warning to everyone, whilst strolling round the garden centres chatting away, i didn`t realise how strong the sun had got B) , too late i realised that i was sunburnt :( , not something i usually like to do, now i am glowing and very sore, so be warned!!

Lesley, so funny you should mention being sunburned....I noticed in getting undressed last night that I have a slight tan on my left leg, with a nice line where my liner starts! Guess there is no reason that my stump would ever be tan, so I guess it is okay!

judy

lbk

utah

Oh, by the way, once I get the flower beds done I will try to post a picture, with johnnys help! We bought this house eight months ago from a young couple, didnt like gardening, so the beds were just all full of mulch...time for some FLOWERS!

Sorry to pinch your post Tonya, just a quick response to judy,

My husband refuses to grow anything that cannot be eaten, the only flowers we have are cauliflowers :D . I wouldn`t mind but we are not vegetarians.

My garden is very small but i am determined to have a spot of my own where i can have tubs with a little bit of colour to brighten my view. :)

The kitchen and my bedroom are done. Starting on the bathroom. When I wallpapered it years ago I was not good at wallpapering and did a bad job, so I am ripping it down.

No serious offers yet. Alot of people just nibbing. They knew what the house looked like when we bought it and they want to see what we did to it.

Keep your fingers crossed. We need to sell it soon.

It has been raining for about 2 week straight. Stuck in the house.

another question - with kids and a dog our yard has bear spots. How do I grow grass( the kind you mow not smoke)? Tried grass seed sprinkled on the gound- birds eat it. Help.

Tonya

Hi Tonya, it sounds like you are really on top of things, when you have finished would you like to come over to the UK help get my house in order :) . I have been doing my kitchen for the past two years and am still no further forward, each time i make a start something happens and i have to leave it again. Wish i could afford for someone to come in and get it sorted for me, but cash is tight at the moment so i guess it is down to me.

As far as your garden is concerned, i know only too well what it is like with kids and dogs. Probably the best and quickest fix for you lawn would be to buy in turf. If you want to try sowing grass seed again then the solution to stop the birds is to sow the seed then put stakes around the seeded areaand wind string backwards, forwards and criss cross, all over the area going from stake to stake. Also attach strips of coloured plastic at intervals along the string so that when finished the plastic strips wave about. If you cover the area enough with the string then the birds will not be able to land in between and the plastic strips flapping about will also put them off.

Have a go, this is what my husband does on small areas of the golf course, he is a head greenkeeper. He also does the same when he has planted our veggy patch at home.

Good luck with it. :)