Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BECCY

I just wanted to say hello

Hi i wanted to post a quick hello to introduce myself to you all, my name is beccy ((if you hadnt guessed), im 20 years old, live in the UK and have had a below right knee amputation since i was 18mths old!!! I guess that some of you are new to this and will have many adjustment difficulties that i never had and can not begin to advise on ... However i would love to chat to you all after all we have alot in common...

Like many of you my main goal is too to have a leg which is mulifunctional but also looks PERFECT... i will not give up! I believe that everything is possible and try dam hard to prove it!

I look forward to getting to know you all

Beccy

Beccy,

Hi I'm Brenda I'm 36 years old was born without my right foot. I hope that we can chat sometime. Welcome to the forum.

Brenda :D

Hi Beccy,

I'm also new here. My son is 25 and was in a jet ski accident last May. He lost his RBK. It has been very hard for all of us, and I am sure that we do not totally know what all he is going through emotionally. He seems to handle it well, but as a mother would only know, I see anger and pain in his eyes. I hurt so badly for him, and do not know how to help him. He doesnt want me doing anything for him, because he says it makes him feel like an invalide. Maybe you can give me some ideas.....

Vicki

Dear Vicki,

My name is also Vicki, and my daughter Niki is brk, she was in a car accident 11months. ago. Believe me i know how your feeling, I feel so sorry for you, i feel sorry for myself. But that wont help our kids. I try to make Niki laugh at most things , and tell her she should be able to overcome anything in her life because she has survived this , She has a great positive attitude, But i know that sparkle in her eye has gone. It breaks my heart. Now we just work on getting her the best leg ever, Niki loves to Jet Ski, Water Ski, and just do about anything , So it has been hard for her to ajust , She wants a leg thats water proof, She tried to water ski at xmas, it was hard for her , so we will design a new ski for her, My thougths are with you.

please keep intouch.

Vicki Williams Australia ( mum)

Vicki,

Thank you sooooooo much for your reply... Finally, it will be wonderful to have someone that truely understands. Can I email you personally? How old is your daughter?

Vicki

Dear Vicki,

Yes , please email me , i would love to hear from you. Niki has just turned 20 in Feb. Niki is also a member , so you must read her posts,

Where do you and your family live? You will benefit from talking to people that understand, I think we have three mums now, and Its great to know we are not alone in this. Love to you and your son, Keep intouch.

Vicki Williams Newcaslte Australia

Vicki,

How do i get your email? Maybe Niki can email Matt sometime. They seem to have alot in common. Matt loves the water also. He now has 3 jet skis. He has been riding again since January..I feel such a relief knowing there are other moms that will KNOW how I feel. Thank you again.

Vicki... mine is davmos2@aol.com

Dear Vicki and Matt,

You can Private Message, or email us on the bottom of each post you will see the symbols just click on them. If we are on line at the same time we can message through Private Message (PM) .Like i did today. My email is malgraham@bigpond.com and Niki Lea's is nikilea@bigpond.com. Niki is into water sports as her grandfather manufactures water skis and wake boards. ( Fred Williams Waters Ski Aust. ) Niki is now working at one of the shops that sell all Water sports gear. She was working in Hospitalilty before the accident but she finds it a bit hard to do the 16hr shifts she was once doing. Her life style has changed but not her personality , she is very bubbly beautiful young girl. Hope to hear from you soon .

Vicki Williams. :D

:o Hey my name is Niki... I am a BRK 20yrs old since June 2002...

You may have heard from my mother already, but i thought i would drop a line and say hi... :P

It sounds like we have very much the same attitude and goals! :D

Its great to hear that someone else out there feels the same way about being a 20yr old amputee... :D

We will have to organise to have a chat over this site some time!!! :lol:

Hope to hear soon...

LUV NIKI.... :huh:

Beccy and Niki Lea,

It is so good to see young people with such love for life and great attitudes. Matt has had a great attitude also with his amputation. Maybe you girls could email him sometime. Hes a great guy, smart, and cute too!!! mdmoseley@96xp.com

Hello All,

It is so nice to hear all of the support people can give to each other being so far away and not having to see what people look like to receive guidance through these difficult times. I am an amputee since 1995 and it has taken me this long to find a support network. Although I do not participate often, (my 4 month old son keeps me pretty busy!), just reading through this forum is uplifting enough for me. Big hugs of encouragement to everyone. :rolleyes:

Iris