Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
ampskier

48 hours to show American GWII vets

I dopn't know if every body will be able to see it, but an American news show called 48 hours. It will feature 3 American Vets from Gulf War II who have lost legs in Iraq. Might be good. Check it out.

Eric

I think I saw an ad for it also, last night. I believe it is on friday night, may 28th. I plan to tape it. Wonder what kind of feet they give those guys?.....

judy

utah

lbk

Thanks Eric, I like that show and will definitely check it out. I enjoy hearing the courageous stories of soldiers and how their progress is coming along, once they've returned back home. :)

Sheila LBK

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Saw and taped this show last night. Very good, I thought. It showed three different soldiers. One had a lower arm amp, one had both legs, BK, and one had one leg, at the hip. It was neat to see their stories, made me wish they could join us here since it seemed like they needed the support. I wish they had more updates. I think they taped this last fall....it would have been nice to show their progress today....anyone else see it?

Judy

LBK

Utah

Hi Everybody,

I saw it and was riveted. These guys are so brave and so upbeat and lacking self-pity. They will "ride the rollercoaster" for years, though, as they inevitably re-live their experiences and, literally, RE-LIVE: learn how to live all over again, with so many aspects of simple daily existence changed.

As Judy said, would love to see an update and have them join us here.

By the way, do you all know that today's MSNBC site reports 3,850 "non-mortal woundings" in "Operation Iraqi Freedom"? It's a pretty sure bet that many of them are amputees.

Regards,

Ellen

I can't believe I missed this.. I hope they re-air it or if anyone taped it please let me know I'd be willing to purchase a copy from you..

Thought the show was terrific and showed things the way they really are for new amputees. Will say I nearly choked when I heard that the man with the amputation at the hip had a prosthesis with the price tag of a million US dollars. At the end, they said he tends to go w/o it and feels he gets around better on crutches. Although I'm a BK, seeing how far up he was amputated, I can see why. God bless him. I started bawling like a baby when I watched the young man with the two BKs walk up the 13 or 17 steps to get into his and his mother's apartment. Quite sure there are a number of us who can imagine the feat this was for him. The gentlman with the amputated arm was something else. He appeared to do buttons better and quicker than I do. I sincerely hope these men will be able to get on with life and enjoy it as much as anyone else--they reaaaalllly deserve it.

And, in closing, God bless their loved ones and that they'll hang in there with them as there will be hard days ahead for all of them. Being an amputee and loving an amputee calls for changes on everyone's part, especially due to the way this happened to them.

Carole

I think they said the AK leg cost 100 thousand US dollars....will have to go back and watch the tape I have. And brenda, if you want a copy, I will figure out how to copy off my Tivo and send you a copy, NO CHARGE! If it will make you smile, I will DO IT! ;)

Judy

LBk

Judy,

I would love a copy don't rush to get it to me just whenever..

Thanks my friend