Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
PhoenixRising

Many hours of surgery later

To whom it may concern;

Gen had ask that I post this tonight after her surgery. She underwent several hours of surgery and had almost 8 inches of bone removed, including her elbow joint. They've reconstructed her arm and reattached all of the muscle, tendons, nerve endings, etc... Now it is just a matter of whether or not the blood flow will increase and nourish the hand. When I left her, her hand was still a little blue tinged. From my understanding, they will be watching that closely. She was in pretty good spirits when I left, considering and she wanted me to post on the forum that she was fine. I'd write more, but I'm so incredibly tired that I'm not sure how clear that I'm even being? She will be back at home soon, hopefully and can come on herself. Thank You, Jocelyn (Joy)(Gen's PCA)

Jocelyn,

Thank you so much for letting us now how Gen is.

Please tell her that we are all thinking of her and it is lovely to know that she is doing fine.

We are all fighting in her corner.

Give her my love.

Thank you so much for posting. Please let Gen know we are sending her strong, get well vibes and that we miss her.

Tell Gen that Judy is rooting for her! Praying hard that the hand "takes" for her....give her a kiss on the cheek for me!

Judy

Utah

Lbk

Jocelyn,

Give her my best wishes too, and I'll be thinking of her over the next few days. I hope all is well with her hand and she'll soon be back to usual self.

Best wishes and thanks for letting us know how she's doing.

Sue - Cardiff - UK

Jocelyn,

That was very kind of you to let us know how Gen is doing. I've been thinking about her alot recently, especially on the 24th. I'm so glad that things appear to have gone well for her.

Please tell her that Afet says hello and sends her many Get Well hugs and kisses!!

I will continue to pray for her. Many thanks!

Jocelyn, please extend my very best to Phoenix and let her know that MJ is rooting for her big time .

Hi Jocelyn, thank you for sharing with us. I'm so glad to hear her spirits are up, she is a very courageous young lady. We'll be looking forward to her posting, when she's feeling up to it again. Please let her know my thoughts and prayers are with her. I wish her only the best, of which she is so deserving. :)

Sheila LBK

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Jocelyn,

Thanks for the update on Gen she is so lucky to have someone like you so willing to give us an update. Please let Gen know we are all thinking of her and hope she has a speedy recovery we will be here waiting to hear from her when she is able.

Again Thanks

Hi Jocelyn,

I was looking for any news about Gen and I was ready to go to bed when I read your information. Thank you for let us know how she is doing. I have her on my mind and I always pray for her. Please tell her that I wish she is not in any kind of pain and that her surgery is a sucess. Would you please give her a hug and a kiss for me okay?

God be with her

Dea

Thanks for taking the time to post for Gen! How are you doing Phoenix?

Glad to hear Gen is doing O.k.

Please say a big hello from Canada! Will be remebering Gen in my prayers.

Keep Smiling! Wendy

Hello,

I am just adding an update for Genesis. They performed surgery last night and amputated her arm just above the initial surgical site. They weren't able to save the hand. She was having too many complications with the plates and screws that had been used and her body was rejecting them. After it became obvious that they weren't being tolerated and the initial onset of infection they decided to give up trying. She now has approximately 3-4 inches of residual limb left and is on triple antibiotics. I thought I should post this, since everyone seemed to be genuinely concerned. I'll post again if there are any changes. Thank You.

Joy

Please give Gen a big hug and let her know we are here thinking about her. Thank you for keeping us up to date :)

Joy,

Thank you for the update on Gen. Please tell her we are thinking of her and hope she has a speedy recovery.

((((((((((((( Hugs to you both)))))))))))))))

I am no expert, but from what I have learnt in the last few years, the amputation would probably have to have been done anyway by the sounds of the extent of the first operation. So if it is possible to put a positive view on her situation at least she will not have to go through years of suffering before the inevitable.

I can assure you that all of our thoughts are with her at this difficult time.

June

Please add my name to the list of HUGS to be given to Gen. I know this must be a really low time for her but tell her we are all in there with her. Tell her as she lays there TODAY, she has friends thinking about her and praying for her, all over the country, and all over the world. Let us know how she is doing the next few days. We miss her.

Judy

LBK

Utah

OMG , like PLEASE make sure that she a HUGE huge from me too . Thanks for letting us know about her .

Peekaboo, how are all of you? I'm home, yeah! So glad to NOT be in the hospital! I was released this morning after only a few days on antibiotics, lucky to have caught anything early. Surgery was a failure, so they say. Not too concerned at this point, just glad that it's over and really tired. I'm sure that I'll grieve later, but for now I'm just glad to eat real food! Have to go back in a day for check-up until then non-stop ice cream for me. Thanks so much for all of the concern, it means alot. Well that's about it for my stamina at the moment, so tired, but I'll come back soon. That is with a little help from Joy, not quite up for posting by myself yet. Bye all!

Hi

I dont really know Gen that well but thanks for telling the foum how shes doing and please tell her we keep her and everyone in my prayers

Your making since!!!

Get some sleep and thanks again

lesley

WOOT! Gen you are home, great news :) I hope you manage to get a little chicken soup in between those dishes of ice-cream, you need to get yourself back to good again. I'm sorry about your surgery. Look forward to hearing more when you are stronger. ((((BIG HUG))))

Thank you Joy for the help with posting :)

Gen,

I am so glad I didn't go to sleep earlier, without check in everybody, as I was planning. I arrived this afternoon from a long trip that started yesterday morning, after 3 flights: Bahia/Rio, Rio/Miami, Miami/Chicago,and 2hours by car to Michigan, I just want to go to bed and sleep,, but I miss my new friends, most of all I was hoping to see some news from you. What I fantastic picture of the bird flying.. I am so happy for you being home.. I wish I could send you some of the ice cream that I had while I was in Brasil...Boy they have the best kind of ice-cream flavors but one is the greatest, "Passion fruit flavor" from the Keebon.. :P If I could I would send you one box of each flavor and you would be dreaming :blink: I think you should eat a lot of good things but also eat good food to make your body strong. We all hope you get back in full speeding recover. I really love you like a sister, even thoungh we have never met. Take care okay? :D

Dea

Hi Gen, it is great to have you back.

When you are feeling up toit let us know the details.

Ice cream!!

I say a lot of what you fancy does you good :) go for it.