Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jberna

Socks is Socks

Okay, this isnt really "funny", just something that happened yesterday and I wondered if it is more common that I think. We were at the zoo with friends from out of town. (perfect spring day in Utah, by the way...mid 70s, sunny....all the animals were out in their yards..) I have been adding a lot of socks lately, really need some pads when my guys are back in the office tomorrow. I got down to a point where I was wearing every sock I had with me, and still needed another. It bugged me enough that I went into the bathroom, took off my anklet from my sound foot, cut a hole in the end for the pin, and used it as a sock under my prosthetic. No one really noticed my bare ankle on the right side....has anyone else ever done this? It seemed to work okay, thru the rest of the zoo.....

Judy

utah

lbk

Hey Judy!

I've never been in that position but great thinking on your part. If it works - why not. Keep smiling :) Wendy

:o This happens very frequently with me, especially when I loose weight and need to add socks at least twice a day. When I am in this sort of crunch, I try to find the nearest ladies room and use toilet paper or paper towels by folding them length-wise and making a neat layer by poking a hole in the center for the pin to go through. As you've mentioned, that holds me at least until I get home--if not--another stop to the bathroom for second make-shift sock.

:lol: Once--I was in so much pain one time at an early meeting--I was in desperate need of finding a bathroom--on this particular floor--every washroom was a 'mens' washroom--I finally found a bathroom and went inside--I noticed what looked like 'very long' sinks. I thought--that's different--so I went inside of the 'regular looking stalls' and did my thing for making a make-shift sock. Well--the whole time, no one came in (and if so, no big thing--I'm in a ladies bathroom--no worries--at least I thought so)

I was all done washed my hands in a 'regular looking' sink--since those funny looking long ones didn't have any faucets.

Do you know--that when I left the bathroom-I just happened to look back and noticed that the bathroom was a men's bathroom--the signage was a bit out of place. :unsure: That explains those weird looking sinks--which were 'men's toilets' :o

Well, at least I've gained some insight into the men's washroom--I'm just glad that's all I saw if you know what I mean. B)

I absolutly refuse to pay $20 for a stump sock. I walk into Target and buy 2 duzzen tube socks for $20. It works for me as long as the socks are 100% cotton or wool. I once almost bought red soxs but then I rembered I'm a Giants Fan (BEAT LA)

Eric, that answered a question for me....I keep looking at my kids tube socks as I do laundry and think they look pretty similar to my stump socks..and much cheaper. I may try that in the future....keep some of THOSE in the glove box of the car.

By the way, sorry to hear about the frying incident....is your hair curlier now?...

judy

lbk

utah