Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LARRY

BLISTERS ON STUMP

Hello everyone :D

I live in the UK and the warmer weather is coming at last ;)

Unfortunately so does the swetty stumps and blistering, when walking a little to far :(

Has anyone got any suggestions what I can put on my stump when blistered?

As you can imagine it is very painful

Look forward to hearing from you ;)

Hey Larry,

I was away so I didn't know about you. Welcome to the site. Look at the Tips and Tricks below your post and you are going to find out a lot of solution for your sweaty problem. There is an anti-perspirant called CertainDry also another one ALPS Prosthetic Anti-perspirant Spray. You can try http://www.eastliner.com or info@easyliner.com or yet http://www.certaindri.com

Good Lucky

Dea

If you wear stump socks like me pack some extras with you and change to dry ones throughout the day. Take very good care of your stump!!!

I can relate to this! At this moment in time I have 3 blisters on the end of my stump! Damn irritating when you want to walk around. Our car has broken down too so I have to walk and catch the train to work. :angry:

I use plasters on my blisters but do find it affects the suction (suction socket AK prosthesis) and if you walk a lot and sweat while wearing a plaster you can further irritate the stump around the edges of the plaster!

I think stopping the sweating in the first place sounds like an idea....will try get hold of some of the products already mentioned.

Hi all,

I just found some great blister plasters that athletes use - they are called compeed blister plasters. I got mine from the supermarket but they should do them in chemists - i know boots definately do them.

You clean the blister and put these plasters on and they act like skin. They are waterproof and you just leave them on until they fall off.

They are the best thing I have ever used and as they are like a layer of skin they dont interefere with my liner or anything.

Thanks for that Katie-D,

a friend of mine from my physio group told me about these plasters but he couldn`t remember what they were called.

As yet i have been lucky and have not had any blisters, what sort of thing can cause them and is there any way, short of not wearing the limb of course, that they can be avoided. Is best not to wear you limb if you do get a blister.

I want to go back to work in September and i will be on my feet quite a lot once i do get back so i want to avoid these kind pf hassles. If i have days where i cannot wear my limb then i cannot go to work. Luckily my colleagues and bosses are very understanding but i don`t want them having to carry me along, i want to put in just as much as they do.

Hi Lesley-I've found an equivalent product here in England which are good in these type of situations made by Savlon. They're called ActivHeal and much like the others described above-think I got mine from Boots. Hope this helps, love Caz