Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
marianne

Health care and womens issues

I am going to write about experiences iun the hospital over the past week under this title thingie as i have a some things about it on my mind . I hope not to offend too many people and especialy the guys here . Remember , the delete key is always close by .

As some of you may know by now , i was in the hospital this past week for some minor arthroscopic knee surgery which i have had done before . Actually , this was done because like the bad girl that i am , i have been like real guilty of hopping and it just took it's toll out on the knee so , repair time . This was also to be the first step in a series of steps to get me to WALK again rather than use these stupid crutches so , off i went . This is also the first time i had anything like major done to me since i was injnured and that expereince was likke the expereince from hell .

Ya , i put on a brave little face and said things like ya , it's no biggie but , i was like REAL scared inside and tried everything to hide that . Didn't do too good a job at it i guess because some peoplevery close to me saw right throught the fear . I mean like , the last time i was in for anything big , i came out with less and while the outcome would have most likely been the same , the last Dr. who did anything to me messed up real bad so , i hav ethis like HUGE fear of Drs. now . I guess what ran through my mind was stuffs like wondering what they will mess up now .

Well , monday morning and I check in and go to the place i ned to be at . To my huge surprise , I got this private room . well , i settle in with my mom , dad and michelle and we discuss what will be happeneing . some time passs and now , the Dr. walks in and we all have a talk about what it going on . By now , i had to change into these UGLY hospital clothes . I mean like , these people here ned a serious dose of MJ's fashion clinic because the stuff they wore and made me wear ust didn't cut it in my fashion file .. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK .

My mom , dad and michelle all in the room , the DR. startes his exam of my knee and while it was a notrhing sort of exam , i like went totaly whacko on him . I had this past memory event replaying big time in my head and it was getting worse . The Dr. must have given me something to chill me out because i don't realy remember much after that . I had the op the next day and i was told that i like totaly freaked out again as i was coming out of the anasthetic thingie . and am not surre if i was again sedated ot was resrtained . I HATE DRS. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR .

Well , i should have been out like the next day but i had to see the staff shrink to see what the deal was in my head . Anyway , the shrink was made aware of the situation and sort of tried to help me work it out but with not much success . So , i had mom or dad or michelle stay with me pretty much the whole time i was there in like shift things . However , i also had my very own angel with me ALL the time so i knew i would be like fine .

Friday came and since that is my usual day i see my own shrink once a week , she came to me this and we talked like forever . she has been like soooo good with me and while she does make me mad sometimes , she at least really tires hard to clean up the head .

So the lesson here is that when one has to see a Dr. for anything , it is a good idea to tell them EVERYTHING since at least that way , they have a better idea of how and what to do or not do . For me , i prefer and well , insist on have woman Drs. for em since i sometimes wonder if a male Dr. can like rally iunderstand issues that are realated to us gurls only .

I had this song running through my head like the whole time :

" .....When I get to the bottom

I go back to the top of the slide

When I stop I turn go for a ride

When I get to the bottom when I see you again yeah ..."

( Helter skelter ........ Siouxsie and the banshee's )

I was like sooooooo totaly confussed and messed up for a while that i felt this other song to but i don't know who wrote it but i like love the words :

" .... a knife , a fork , a bottle and a cork , that's the way to spell New York ... "

( unkmnown artist )

However , after all was done , i elt like a totaly new person with a whole new outlook and knowing that the future is now about to start . Here is the future , here comes , here come slushy gurl . Og course , i have to try hard to keep my sort of like this bad gurl thingie too .

post-7-1087143068.jpg

Hmm , I wonder , should hospital fashions look like the sick sort of stuff they look like now or should i change them to look more fashionable .

post-7-1087246352.jpg

The reason hospital cloths are so ugly is they don't want people running away

:P

Eric , trust me , it's teh food they feed you that'll mak epeople runaway much faster . I mean like , no art , no cool clthes , elevator music . Run away ? HA ... they even took away my crutches while i was there and i had to get around in this like really old crappy looking wheelchair . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR . On the plus side however , they did have this way cool supersized shower they FINALLY let me use .

Nooooooo Eric, the reason the hospital clothes are so ugly (at least over here anyway) is to stop people nicking them I think.

MJ, we've all done the disgusting robe thing I think at some time or other-brown flowers were my least fave :lol:

Will PM ya.

Cazzy , anyone dumb enough to ant to nick hospital clothes realy should have thier heard examined ... and they can do itt while still there . Brown flowers ? YUUUUUUUUK . However , i DID have the best SOUNDING room around sort of creeped out thew staff but i sure liked it .

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ...

Oh my ...no comment... <_< ... :angry: ... MJ doesn't have problems with the spelling AT ALL. She is bursting with energy, life and spirit , that's what! ...and this is the enrichment of this forum... 'nuff said.

Oh, and back to the topic at hand....my gown was quite nice. Red roses printed on it...can you believe it ???! Didn't nick it though.....although, took a few of those cable undies out the shelf as i didn't have enough on me....hehehe!

Eh eh, come on kids there's no need to be all falling out :(

Harhar Mrs nice gown with red roses-I bet it still had a split right up the back to flash your knickers to the whole world when you wanna get out of bed tho' :P

Har dee har ...Actually ...it had TWO splits, one on each side :o so , those Marks and Sparks knicks were a flashin' whichever way i tried to roll out of bed (with the last inkling of dignity, mind...), hehehe ! :D

Marks and Sparks knickers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I couldn't help it :blink: After years of resistance (and a diet) I have now decided I CAN wear a thong and feel all sexiful :angry: I love the ones with all the fancy jewelly things on the back-certainly gets attention from the fellas B) Hasten to add, I don't run round flashing my knickers or 'owt, they just tend to be visible above your jeans or whatever :blink:

Marks and Sparks undies were the 'in' knickers back yonder...har har :D :P You see, 'the red-rose gown' scenario took place when i was a wee lass at the tender age of 14 ... The style has changed over the years , ;) Yes, i like the T-knicks too, (sheeesh where is this posting headed..??hehehe)

Even the gown's have changed with time....From red roses to withered brown daffodiles... :P :D Let's get Gadget on the case..... He might have a contact at the NHS..... :D

Yup, Kaz, you can ALWAYS rely on me to lower the tone :P Gadget gowns eh? There's a thought...... :lol:

Well done, Gadget...mission completed !! :lol: for now......

<<<<<<takes a bow. And I promise to stop taking the peesh out of your knicks too :)

....as Gadget exits stage left...... :lol: ' encore, encore ' the crowd call out....but no, Gadget is off to the summer sales.. ;)

And please ...: No more taking the pishugums out of me M and S knicks...huummppf :D

I had this song running through my head like the whole time :

" .....When I get to the bottom

I go back to the top of the slide

When I stop I turn go for a ride

When I get to the bottom when I see you again yeah ..."

( Helter skelter ........ Siouxsie and the banshee's )

Helloi MJ,

Written by Lennon and McCartney.

Origionally recorded on The Beatles White Album.

Haven't heard Siouxsie and the banshee's perform it. I will keep my ear out for it.

I hate Doctors and hospitals too, and for the very same reasons, but prefer female doctors for other reasons. :lol:

Welcome back. It's good to have you home and on the forum. Wishing you a very speedy recovery so that you can go forward and conquer.

All the best,

Hey Johnny-get outta the girlies thread when we're talkin' knickers and things, deary me, have you no shame?? :o :lol: Like busting into the ladies loos when we're having one of them private group girly chat type things is that~nods~. I'm only pullin' your leg and before anyone decides to make the quip I usually do that it could drop off, that's MY gag okay. :P

Siouxsie and the Banshees version was really good Johnny, have a listen sometime-you might like it :)

Johnny , i you want to hear the BEST version , you REALLY need to listen to the LIVE VERSION from SATB . It is one of the MOST powerfull songs i have EVER heard from a gurl who can outsing just about anyone . If you also want to sample some their other stuff , i might suggest ARABIAN KNIGHTS or ISREAL by the same band . I can listen to those songs 24/7 .

Uh huh, and of course.....Happy House......we should rename the forum that...

....This is..the Happy House, we're happy here....in the Happy House...

It's so much fun, fun.....FUN....Woaa-ooaa-o.

God, I'm losing it-definitely sunstroke!!!! :lol:

CAZZY gurl , i don't know why i didn't think of that soneg but yup , waaaaay good one .

.......Yup and if you're in a 'leap around the living room headbanging' type of mood I hundred percent recommend Smash it Up, by the Damned-LAV that record :D