Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
cazzy1

'Intimate relations'....

I wanted to say something the whole time with this thread thingie but the words never came to my mind. Anyway , i think i am able to capture whet i want to say with this picture .

This picture is called the AUORA . It is what i felt being beemed to me sometime ago . You see , i am an itty bitty five foot six and not all that big but , i feel six feet tall this past while because i have found myself thorugh the one person who has called out to me for sooooo long . Yes , i AM complete ..... YOU are complete .

The Auora

i see the power you reveal

this enegry strong is what i feel

the halo of life is all around

and needs not even make a sound

come to me and next to me lay

let me hear the words you need not say

i give you myself i give you my power

i ask only that sometimes you be my tower

so close your eyes and i'll close mine

and well see eachother till the end of time

so turn off the lights and come to me

follow my auora and together we'lll forever be

post-17-1088626781.jpg

WOW!!!

MJ you have a true talent and your art is just fantastic! :D

Can't comment on the relationship bit - cos I've been single for ooh.......um...5 years!!!! My god, it sounds like a lifetime - but I choose to be at the moment - being married to someone for so long who changed my personality - then after divorce I needed time to re-invent and be myself with my 2 kids!! Then...had the accident. ;)

Sue - Cardiff - UK

Hi All,

Good topic to start, our love life is probally better then before the RAK amputation. Legs whether artificial or real just tend to get in the way anyway!

With it being my fiance as the amputee and not me i dont even now notice the absence of his right leg, in bed, or anywhere else. Very often ill have a go at steve coz he hasent got a shoe on his prothesis forgetting its a prothesis!

My steve is as sexy now as he ever was and i fancy him just as much now, if not more then before his amputation.

Kat

I have tried like so hard to express my feeelings on tbhis subject and thought i was doing OK . Then , i was surfing my fav photographic site and found this . It says it PERFECTLY . ( credit to go the photographer )

post-17-1088722061.jpg

Hi.

I was gonna make a comment about MJ's above post, but thought better about it. I learned awhile back that some folks :angry: don't share the same sense of humor or weirdness that I do :blink: and wouldn't want to possibly offend anyone. So.......... nevermind!!!!! B)

Kep

Oh common Kep don't hold back!!

Hey Kep,

I'm thinking that MJ justs wants us to read the T......however we can interpret it anyway we like. So, I think they mean it's the perfect a** "inside" those jeans. ;) Is that what you were thinking? <_<

Have a great day!

Linda

Hey...

No, not quite, but that's another interpretion. I should have never said anything.

Kep

Well, ok, I'll try to keep this clean. ;) I don't wear my legs to bed. Miss being on top, if you know what I mean. :o But I have a wonderful wife who makes me feel as though nothing has changed and tells me I am the same man she married and what has happened doesn't affect her feelings for me. Due to some meds. I have lost some, uh, drive, but am looking into some med. to solve that. OK enough said and maybe too much :ph34r: :lol: ...............Vince

p.s. Marianne you're something else!!! I mean that in a good way!!!!

Hmmmm , Vince , my shrink said almost the same thi ng to me toyday ,,, . " ...Marianne you're something else!!! y :... " Hmmm , hav eyou two been talking and trying to mak eme morre normal ? :P :P :P

Seriouslyy , thnksks for the very kinfd words ..

Here be a weird one. My girlfriend caressed my stump just right and I got all. Um...goose pimply. What's up with that. Has this happened to anybody else?

Lesley, you told me you were a princess. I'm SO disapointed. :o :P

Eric

I thin k that perhaps the moostest i portant thing about the quality of any relationship is not always to intamate parts but the stuff you do during ther entire course of a relationship ....... COMMUNICATING ........ talking aboutt ones feeelings and not being afraid to show your emotions . As the sirt says , it's whats inside that colunts ..... inside the heawt , mind an d soul .

Right on MJ I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!! But you didn't answer my question. I want to know if I'm weird. OK I ALREADY KNOW I AM BUT I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT that way

Aabout what way ??????

MJ you are so right, it's what's inside that counts. In your heart and as long as you feel good about yourself, than other's will see you that way. I think one thing that is very important in a relationship is having 'confidence' in yourself, not that you can't survive without this partner, but that you've chosen him/her to share a time in your life with, rather it be just dating, marriage or companionship.

The one thing that I've found out over the years is, (most) men 'DON'T' like to communicate the way women do. I think most women like to sit and discuss things concerning many situations. Yet in my opinion, I think (most) men figure, if she all ready knows that, then what's the point. Well I say, if there is no communication, then what's the point of a relationship....... No Thanks! :P

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

It is better to have failed at the attempt, than to have never tried.

Marianne, I'm not normal, crazy yes, :P not normal. Wouldn't try to make anybody change esp. a woman!! :lol: Don't see a shrink, at times maybe I should. My accident has definitely given me more down days than I ever have had, but am hangin' in there. Loved your pics. Enjoy your sense of humor. Don't ever change just be yourself. " I may grow old, but I'll never grow up".

Vince

Right on MJ I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!! But you didn't answer my question. I want to know if I'm weird. OK I ALREADY KNOW I AM BUT I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT that way

Poor Eric :lol: Actually there's meant to be a perfectly logical explanation for this and has to do with all the neurological stuff associated with your nervous system. This link from a phantom limb site thingy explains a bit better:

phantom pain link thingy

......apparently we can sometimes have better, errrrr, ummmm, yep them thingies, too B)

Vince, you sound like me-I won't act my age and you can't make me nerneenerrrrr :P :P :P

Aplogises in adavenace for the tears and crying bu ti had to share this ..

The past few days have been very waaaay emptioonal for me and my love for sooo many reasons . we got mad at eachother , we taked , we screaamed , we cried , we hugged bu tby the time we were alll finished , we became EVEN STRONGER .

What di we do that was sooo special anyway ? COMMUNICATE . What is really frusutrating to me is that i can't seeem to express mtslef with words and get lost when i have to say somethuing , ending saying somehting wayyyy different than what i hads wantedded to saay . so comminication is not a strong stregnth thigie of yet , we managed .

Comminucation i think is not always about talking but being able to FEEL your partners emotions ( i mean like by totalu waaay understanding them ) , to see the ayora they radiate and feel thier power .

Personaly , tofday i became a stroinger person because we comminucated on a much higher level than what words will ever say . The phuysical part is an extension of thsi communication i think .

I am also including a picture that is NOT MY WORK but i thi nk it is a great descrjiction of what i have been trying to say about the gateway to the soujl..the eyes .

I LOVE YOU :

i had a bad day today

you said that by my side you will stay

we cried and yelled and screamed and kissed

i know for sure your always missed

i have this fire that burns in my haert

but love includes me doing my part

so please allow me to cry and vent

because its you i love your heaven sent

post-17-1089831908.jpg

Marianne,

Thank you for sharing that with us. I completely understand what you are saying. Communication is important in any relationship, but more so with your partner. And sometimes we get it wrong. Maybe say the wrong words or by not being able to say what we actually mean.

But sometimes, like you said, you can communicate in ways other than using words. We can do this by understanding this person; who they are, where they are coming from and what they want. By tapping into their own personal 'belief system'. Get to the core of that person and what makes them who they are. Like you said, really UNDERSTANDING this person.

I do not possess an artistic bone in my body :ph34r: , but I have to say that I really love your artwork and your poetry! You capture your emotions well. Thank you for posting them!

Keep the communication lines open in your relaionship Marianne. I wish you all the best.

Sorry in adfavncncne for al the tears but i had to share this .

I spent likew the past tow days crying all day but these were happy tears . I think i wortye about how imnportasnt is to comunicate with your partner and the love of yourb life and the reason i am crying so much is because the past feww days have been liike this bhuge zillions ton wieght being waaay ifet off from me . It had nothing at all to do with anything that was said an stuffff , it was about letting the other person " inside " to that deep dark side that one never really wants to see or talk about .

Yes ,, i got somethiung in return of of itt too . I felt this WAY huge surge of energy being directged to me after this that it really overwhelmed me waaaay biggly and that is why i cryed all day an dnight ... still crying actually . so i guess that sometimes , saying something is not always what is needed ... just letting a person " inside " and sharing those deep and dark places does more to help with the communication than any words ever couold .

Every thing is making perfect senc enow . Lat week , i had the emotinal feeling of incredable power sent to me but today , it all made snece .

Very simplw words really but with waaay huge power and meaning to me .

" .... Mj , you have your art to speak for you and i have the words you can't find to speak ... " The words are not exactly as said but very close .

Yes , reading the thoughs of the other persn , understandin g how one feels , Perhaps that is the real meaning of being intimate , that being able to get deep inside ones thougts and then , being able to stay there forever .

I do think you can get deep into another person's thoughts, but at the same time, you must never lose site of your own thoughts and feelings. It's strange and I don't know how many of you long time married folks may sense this as well, but after you've been married for a long time, you really do begin to know what the other person is thinking and feeling, before anything is even said, to be that intimate is nice, but it can be a little creepy sometmes too. :ph34r: :lol: So I don't think I'd want to be inside his thoughts forever, with him yes, but not necessarily inside his ever fiber of existance. I'd be to afraid of losing my own idenity.

I do think people express themselves in many ways, yours happens to be through your wonderful art. Whereas, I do mine in my poems, tho I haven't done any lately. When I write, like you with your art, it helps me release many different emotions, by letting me express my feelings of that moment in time. Tomorrow is a new place in time, which will be expressed accordingly. Hope I didn't confuse you to much, cos I know, how confused I can get myself sometimes. :blink: :lol:

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

It's a great gift to be able to express our emotions whether through art, words, music... In a less creative way - the bat of an eyelid even ...there are so many ways...

Sheila, i do agree with you about withholding one's own identity. I have lived in this 'mode' all my life...BUT!!!....what if....the slightest miniscule, teeny weeny chance ..that chance meeting that CAN happen in life, when you least expect it ---you DO meet your SOUL mate ... Who you are, what you have believed in until now, your dreams, hopes, ideals, strengths, weaknesses ....The reflection of who you are is sudddenly right in front of you.

Creepy ? - maybe...

Absolutely wonderful - oohh, definately! :)

Kaz , i cried and cried as i reeded your reply becaiuse it ids sooooo right about what you said . Here i am readinfg and re reading the stuffs i ttried to say an dthere you go saying in one very simple paragrapph what i have bee tryingtin say the whole time .... THANKS . :D :D :D

SOUL mates . Yes , found mine and while i hav ebeen looking for ther waay .longest time to find the ONE person , sometimes as Kaz says , we find our souils mates in the least likely places and just when we don't expectg to .

Oh I agree Kaz, there is definitely a good chance most of us will meet our soul mate one day, as I believe I have ..... finally!! Also, I'll be the first to say, it is absolutely wonderful! :ph34r: Sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that was creepy. What I was referring to is, that after you've been married for a long time, it seems to me anyways, you almost feel as tho you can read the other person's mind, before one says or does something. That to me, is the part I think can be a little scarry, creepy at times. Like my husband has said to me on many occasions "how did you know that's what I was thinking"? Hey who knows, maybe I'm psychic, amounst all my other talents!!! :blink: :D :lol:

Believe me Kaz, you will know when it happens. :blink: No one will have to tell you a thing, the reflections will be there, in each other's heart and soul. ;)

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA