Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
cazzy1

'Intimate relations'....

Cazzy I feel like I know you now much better than I should  :rolleyes:

Yuss, ermm, sorry if I went into slightly TOO much detail there, but I'm afraid having 2 children and half the world (well hospital staff) peering into your nether regions as a result, you tend to lose some of ones previous modesty/bashfulness/inhibitions on these things-sorry again. Anyhow, it's just one of these things that came as a nasty surprise and a completely unexpected side effect of the amputation-I just find the whole thing of how your brain tries to cope and manage an injury like this which is totally bizarre. Maybe it's just my brain that was stupid enough to 'remake connections' to such a ridiculously WRONG place :blink::rolleyes: :(

Hi Mark, I have the same problem, but I'm a straight women (hopefully shouldn't be too much of a shock considering my name!lol). Had the amp in July and things generally are getting easier now. But I'm sure its slightly different for everyone, it will ease when it does and I don't think there is anything you can do about it, except to try and relax which is bloody hard when you know whats coming (pardon the pun)

June

Cazzy1, your not the only one. I have to admit i suffered as well :( , still do slightly but much more bearable. It has to be something to do with the nerve patterns getting mixed up. I reckon that once the brain realises that its got the paths wrong then things do get better. <_<

Cazzy1, your not the only one

Praise be, I was beginning to worry there that I'm just some sort of complete abnormality here-though I do understand if others are just too embarassed to say ;) :P :lol: Arse=leg Arse=leg Arse=leg.................nope, it still doesn't make any sense WHATSOEVER :huh: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Ok......been thinking bout this and it does kinda make sense if you follow the path of the sciatic nerve it does make sense. It leaves the spine at L4-5 and heads down your leg through your butt. Will try to get a pic of the pathway.

Cat

Hope this works.

Cat

Eughh, those piccies explain it rather well methinks. Meeep, my brain really DOESN'T know my arse from my elbow-or my leg in this case because of the sciatic nerve...wow, there ya have it folks and you heard it here first from Dr Gadget and Nurse Ratchett (aka Catherine). :lol:

Runs off and gets changed into Nurse uniform.......

Labotomy anyone? B)

Cat

Thanks for the pic, it really explains why I suffer momentary sciatica now and then.

But just a slight deviation from the topic, a friends wife (from England) kept on talking about the car she had left behind in the UK before they came to the states as her BM (short for BMW). Unfortunately Americans tend to use BM as an abreviation for Bowel Movement. It lead to a few raised eyebrows when she would talk about how she missed her left behind BM.

And talking of cardiff I was there last week and Porthcawl. Porthcawl lived up to its reputation and it rained everyday, thank goodness it was a caravan and not a tent!

Back in Detroit now!