Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
ampskier

"Sickos"

This topic has had huge unintended consiquenses so I've delted it. Can Johnny get rid of all the responces?

Eric

OMG!!!!!

You hit it right on the nose with what I was trying to say to you!

and its so weird and I believe what you are saying

thanks again for sharing

Lesley

You are right Eric, if they are here then we just have to put up with them, we cannot stop giving support to the majority of us that are genuine.

I don`t know where i would be without this forum and i think that goes for most everybody here.

I suppose in a way the sicko's need help as well, just not from this forum.

I spoke on the landline to one member today, she really appreciated the chat i think, at least i hope i helped her a little.

It would be sad to think we couldn`t help those in need at such a desperate time. :(

As you very rightly said , we will need to be careful with personal details given out. Nobody should ever include details such as email addresses, phone numbers etc in postings on the forum. This is asking for trouble.

Hmmmm.... :( It's sad that this has to be posted in the first place. But i guess we all need to be wary. This is not a closed room, it is open to a whole 'world' of people. It's just sad that somehow the trust can go lost that has taken so long to build amongst all the people here .. Oh well!

I just had this conversation with someone recently, I told the person that their presence would be far from appreciated here. However, I think that Lesley is right, in that those people are looking for something too and maybe it isn't always perverted or degenerate in nature. I still don't believe that as it was put, "lurking" is acceptable, but then in my profession-I'm trained to look at an issue from more than one perspective. Yes, "they" are here-I have no idea in what kind of quantity, but "they" on occasion make their presence known. Apparently there is a way to check out suspicions and at least that is comforting. Myself, I can't be disturbed or daunted by the differences in people and their preferences, because that is why I've signed on to my chosen profession in the first place. However, for those of you who find it wholly unnerving-I would advise as the others do. Don't give out personal information and be careful with whom you share e-mails, etc..., because your e-mail address will be displayed when you send a message to someone. As for those who feel some need to congregate with the amputee world-it would be far more honest and courteous of you to make your intentions publicly known, that way those who are uncomfortable with your presence have the option to not fraternize with you. Being a Psychologist, I am very aware of the many "Body Dysmorphic Disorders" and just plain unusual attractions that many people suffer from/live with, so I'm far more open about those things than your average amp might be. Perhaps, if the "others" who visit the site were honest and open, they might find a few people willing to have discussions with them within a different forum? I don't know, it's just an idea. I think everyone would feel more comfortable if they thought they really understood another's motivations.

It is tough not to get sick-o's on bulletin boards. Since I have Crohn's Disease, which is an autoimmune intestinal disease, I used to go to a board for that. You can imagine what came out of the sik-o's that went to that board. It was the one place we could talk about our disease freely since it's not polite to talk about our stuff with the general public. Sick-o's don't respect themselves or anybody else.

Carole

Hey ya'll its lesley

and I think you all want to know the word for

sickos! I'ts devotees

and I think ya'll are all right about what ya'll said

Lesley

Hi,

Just ignore them. We cannot remove all that we feel nuisance from the world. We (and them) have become more exposed to all the world thanks to technological advances in IT. We also have to cope with spam mail, pop-ups, adware, spyware and all.

If we bother about these things too much, we only harm our own mental stability.

Kind regards,

Jukka

If that's all these 'devotees' have got to do in their life, I feel sorry for them and if any are reading this I hope you can learn something from this very friendly forum, from the people who really care about each other.

Pam

I think it's unfortunate that this happens, however it's a reality of life. In my opinion it will never overshaow the good this forum does for so many. Just as was said one needs to be careful.

Keep Smiling :) Wendy

Hey Eric......

Just curious why you pointed out the person you were with was a woman? Maybe Johanna has something to say. ;)

I'm just teasing you. :P

As for the "devotees" I think it's an odd fascination, but there are worse. If we put it in a different context, we are being admired. I didn't say it was a healthy admiration....just trying to lighten the mood.

Have a great day everybody & remember if we were all the same the world would be a boring place. :)

Linda

The only thing that I might want to add is that "sickos" is a very harsh word and I would hope that a minority group such as this one is, might be a little less intolerant of the "differences" in others. Just a thought.

I think we need to distinguish between those who have posted, due to family members who are amputees and those who are looking for something else from this forum. :angry:

From personal experience I have a family member who has joined this forum - for information, advice and understanding of what we all feel as amputees. A lot of knowledge and comfort has been gained from the forum for such family members, and they too can offer support to those who are supporting their loved ones who are amputees / about to become amputees.

I agree about the need for caution when offering personal e-mail address and information etc.

Just my take on the situation.

Sue - Cardiff - UK :rolleyes:

It's alright Sue ;) everyone's okay with Don being here, at least I am anyways. I think it's great if family members partake in the self-discovery that their loved ones are going through, and in the least it gives you fodder for the dinner table! :lol:

Hi Amp.

I read your post on the undesirables, and yes I do agree with you.

But I expect there are a lot of People who are Related to Amputees

(as I am) who genuinly come to this Forum just to read Notes. I find

that its not being nosey but a great help to the likes of Sue Taylors

Family and Myself to get over Sues Terrible accident last Year.Its also nice to read about all Your Joys & Sadness that you have all gone thru, some

of which has brought a little tear to my eye. I think you all are Wonderful

Guys (including my little girl Sue). So I hope you dont mind me having a

little read of your Site now and again.

God Bless You All

Sues Stepdad Don x

I think family members need just as much support as the amputees and this forum is the place to come to for that support.

We don`t need to change a thing. Computers being what they are we will never know who is genuine and who isn't so i don`t see the point in worrying, as long as we are careful there is no problem.

I would hate to think that we couldn`t have forums like this, that benifit both amputees and their families and friends, just because we cannot be absolute about the membership.

PS you can bet your bottom dollar this is not the only health issues forum that these people visit. I suppose it is an illness in its own right, even if there is a forum set aside for this they would still visit the likes of ours, its what these people do.

In some way i hope us bringing up the topic gives them some sort of help but i doubt it will stop them.

Don, you and other relatives of amputees are welcome anytime as far as i am concerned. Not just to read the stories but to ask for help and advice as well.

As i have just mentioned you are just as much affected by these things as are the amputees, so post away and don`t be afraid to.

Thanks Meggy,

Not to good at putting words to paper, but I will

God Bless Don ;)

To anyone out there that wants to or thinks they want to be an amputee, if it is ever posssible I will GLADLY take your legs and let you go thru what I have. Well, that goes for the men only!! I'd look kinda funny with better lookin' legs than the rest of me!!!.......................................Vince

Hi, I'd just like to say, from what Eric said, it didn't sound to me as tho Brenda was meaning, that we should in anyway stop supporting each other. It sounds more like she has a legitiment concern, as should the rest of us, over the sickos that are lurking around out there. I'm sure it wasn't intended for anyone to lose sleep over, but to be aware of each situation and just don't hand out any important or personal info that you don't want other's to know. True, we don't know who they are, but if we know certain things to look out for, than I'd say that would be to our advantage. That we just may be able to weed them out a little better, they DO NOT belong here!!! It totally makes me sick, to think someone has nothing better to do with their time, than to pretend their an amputee. I've even read somewhere, that some actually want to go as far as having the amputation, if that isn't a sicko..... what is it?? :angry: I think that JohnnyV and the whole crew have done a great job trying to keep this a safehaven, but we to can do our share, by trying our best to be alert and get these sickos booted out of here!!! Just my opinoin. :rolleyes:

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Hey Vince-I'd love to see you with a saucy pair of fem legs! ;) Besides it'd probably earn you alot of money!

As for everyone else, I'm not sure you can completely know for sure about the "devotee/admirers" or whatever else may be around. I had some suspicions and they were supposedly unfounded, so I now feel less inclined to point any fingers (like the pun?)

And as for those who are "lurking/pretending", obviously a nerve has been touched here. I don't think most of you would intentionally want to do harm, but indirectly you are. Please consider your actions and do what your concience dictates. Thanks. :)

Please stop relying to this post. I just want the entire thing to go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!