afther the surgery but now i have a problem wearing clogs because is

very dificult to walk due the clog goes out of the prosthetic

foot constantly.

Does any body knows how can i do to resolve this , Is very important

to me to continuing wearing clogs to fell me as before the

amputation.

Thanks at all

Jane,

In Nordic countries they sell many different types of clogs. If you have any friends there you may ask them to send you clogs with back strap. However, I still feel that some of the types of clogs are impossible to wear because most of the artificial feet are quite flat with their bottom in order to provide stability. There are some clocgs in the market, especially in Sweden, that do not have any arch support. It may be possible to wear these with artificial foot, but you need a back strap.

I had this same problem with arch support with Birkenstock shoes, but I replaced the arched insole with an even insole for my artificial foot side. I wear Birkenstocks most of the time, they cost a bomb (over 300 Singapore Dollars in Singapore), but they feel so great, almost like not wearing any shoes at all.

I have not tried clogs as they are difficult if not impossible to get in Singapore plus you do not see many men wearing clogs in other than Nordic countries. A bit out of place here.

Hope you can find someone to find you a pair from Scandinavia.

Kind regards,

Jukka

Hi,

Someone once suggested Velcro Sticky Pads with clogs, flip flops etc. To let the underside / sole of your foot stick to the shoe whilst your wearing them.

Haven't tried it myself - but thought I'd mention it.

Sue - Cardiff - UK :rolleyes:

Hi Jane

I am a BKA myself

and I have just gotten used to wearing sandals

but I would try anything everyone else said

or something with a back

Hope you find all your looking for

Lesley

Hi Jane and welcome. I'm a LBK amp and have the same problems, guess we pretty much all do. :( I always enjoyed wearing sandals and clogs, only like everyone else, can't keep them on. In which I get so frustrated, that I don't go into many shoe stores, for that reason.

However, my Granddaughter graduated this year and I had a nice pant suit to wear and didn't want to wear my Reeboks, not to cool. :rolleyes: So I found a pair of really cute white flats size five, smaller than what I usually wear (a five and a half) Anyways, I tried them on in the store and they seemed to fit pretty tight, but got them home and noway, it wouldn't stay on my artificial foot. I was so determined that I would make it stay on, even if I had to super glue it!! :lol: Well I didn't have to get quite that drastic, but I did what Sue mentioned. I took velcro strips and placed a couple, depending on how wide a strip you get, on the inside of the shoe, then one on the bottom of my foot, to my nylon. I stepped down real hard that night, then left the shoe on all night and it worked 'GREAT,' went through the graduation and the party afterwards with no problem. I'm sure you could try the same thing with clogs. I'm going to try it myself. So GOOD LUCK and I hope this helps some.

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

:) Hello . My name is Martin 35 Years old from Madrid, Spain. This is my first mensage at the forum.

You Have luky becaus i´m a swedish clogs lover, and i began to wear clogs 3 years ago due the neuro-muscular desease i have.

This desease afectt me to the blood circuit and this to the muscles. At the end i had an amputation surgery of my right leg above de knee. and very hurt the other one.

Having so much pain i discovered wooden clogs, they relief me the pain an the leg.

As you can see i´m a rak amputee and use clogs all time.

I was in the beginning proving with several marks and classes of clogs (rubber sole , pvc....) due to the different type from arch that they have until i found those that not go out flying when walking.

also i uses strips of velcroto adhere to the sole of theclogs and panty.

if you want i can send you several pics of my clogs (with out Velcro ) if you want more information please lets me know.

Regard

[

:) Hello . My name is Martin 35 Years old from Madrid, Spain. This is my first mensage at the forum.

You Have luky becaus i´m a swedish clogs lover, and i began to wear clogs 3 years ago due the neuro-muscular desease i have.

This desease afectt me to the blood circuit and this to the muscles. At the end i had an amputation surgery of my right leg above de knee. and very hurt the other one.

Having so much pain i discovered wooden clogs, they relief me the pain an the leg.

As you can see i´m a rak amputee and use clogs all time.

I was in the beginning proving with several marks and classes of clogs (rubber sole , pvc....) due to the different type from arch that they have until i found those that not go out flying when walking.

also i uses strips of velcroto adhere to the sole of theclogs and panty.

if you want i can send you several pics of my clogs (with out Velcro ) if you want more information please lets me know.

Regard

[

post-1634-1145477244.jpg

post-1634-1145477300_thumb.jpg

Hi Martin - perhaps you wouldn't mind posting the pictures of your clogs here on this thread so we all can take a look at them. Shoes seem to be a hot topic here at the moment, especially with the ladies, so any advice and help would be appreciated.

We aren't too worried about the boys - they just use plastic bags, drink beer, and have reduced eye sight :P

Oops - you are too fast for me.

Thanks......

:blink:

Hi Martin - perhaps you wouldn't mind posting the pictures of your clogs here on this thread so we all can take a look at them. Shoes seem to be a hot topic here at the moment, especially with the ladies, so any advice and help would be appreciated.

We aren't too worried about the boys - they just use plastic bags, drink beer, and have reduced eye sight :P

Oops - you are too fast for me.

Thanks......

:blink:

Thanks for your advise.

Regards

Martin

Thanks for the info, Martan, and welcome to the forum. Looks like where there's a will there's a way!

Hi,

Someone once suggested Velcro Sticky Pads with clogs, flip flops etc. To let the underside / sole of your foot stick to the shoe whilst your wearing them.

Haven't tried it myself - but thought I'd mention it.

Sue - Cardiff - UK :blink:

I've tried this and it's very noisey and not very effective <_<

I've tried this and it's very noisey and not very effective <_<

Hazel, you can always screw them on like in the other topic! :blink:

A lady in our support group wears these. She uses a fine fishing line to loop around the heel of the foot. It is hardly noticeable. I've seen other amps use this method with sandals and such.

I was told to use the velcro method when wearing sandals or heeless shoes.

There are some very trendy plastic looking one's over here which everyone is wearing. I know a couple of Bk's who wear them without a problem.

The also come in heaps of colors-will try to find a link for you.

Mel.

I use a clear plastic bra strap to keep backless shoes on. It works wonders and can be ajusted. I'm one of those crazy shoe people.

I use a clear plastic bra strap to keep backless shoes on. It works wonders and can be ajusted. I'm one of those crazy shoe people.

How do you get the straps to stick on the shoes?

A lady in our support group wears these. She uses a fine fishing line to loop around the heel of the foot. It is hardly noticeable. I've seen other amps use this method with sandals and such.

I was told to use the velcro method when wearing sandals or heeless shoes.

The fishing line idea is a good one, Neal!

I suppose if you use velcro, you'd have to use heavy grade velcro? Otherwise there wouldn't be enough 'stick'...?

Lizzie :)

I know a lady who uses a hair bobble hooked under the heel of her shoe and then over the back of her heel

Hx

Hate to sound stupid but Hazel what is a hair bobble?

Carol

Hate to sound stupid but Hazel what is a hair bobble?

Carol

Sorry carol,

it's an elastic band that you use to tie your hair back. it's much stronger and thiner than a rubber band. They come in loads of different colours so you can match your shoes. (the elastic is covered).

Just an idea x

Hi all

As i told you is posible to wear clogs not only with Velcro straps bat also without it.

this depend the kind of wooden sole clog has.

I found a clogs maker at Poland that make an excelents wooden clogs and the prosthetic foot adapts so well that it is not necessary to do nothing, so that does not leave when walking;

visit

www.tanled.com

bye bye

post-1634-1145723033_thumb.jpg

Cool Martan, I'll check them out in the morning! Had a long day today... Thanks for the link!