Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Johannah

For Lark

Thank you Johannah, your message reminds me of this picture :)

29_EmptySpace.jpg

The possibilities are endless :)

Smarty Pants! I can't get anything to download ever! Such the frustration! I'm going to try the e-mail route, but at least I'm building suspense, huh? :lol:

Here is a picture for you Lark ......... I hate to see you dissapointed

Debbie

post-7-1087870199.gif

Thank you Debbie :) I like teddybears :) I'm not disappointed truly... I just like giving Johannah the gears about posting me an empty space :lol:

Okay, I can't send them via the e-mail on the forum either. No way to attach anything-boo hoo & AARRGGHH! I'm at a loss Lark, maybe it just wasn't meant to be?

Not to worry Johannah, thank you for trying. I'm content at being the pink fairy :) Although I quite like this one, just a tad too large though :P

p10541.jpg

I'm not entirely sure but i think i understand now.

Iwould love a dolphin avitar but 1. i cannot find one, 2. i wouldn't know how to get it here if i did have one.

dolphin.gif

Hi Lesley,

If you go to www.google.com and select the small search option, you should be able to choose from quite a few dolphin pics. Good hunting :) This one I found is off an old CNN story which they deleted but the pic is still floating around on the web :) You could probably use it without any linking problems ;)

Thanks Lark, i found an animated dolphin. It is a wonder, i actually downloaded and got it here all by myself, no help from my son( he is to busy watching football)I'm not usually any good with this sort of thing, i have only just mastered MSN chat.

I might even try posting my photo next!!

dolphins4.gif

Trying this out.

Lark: OMG I did it... LOL

I think I'm going to be like a wild horse on posting pictures.. LOL

Ok, now give me a clue...... how'd ya do it ????? :unsure:

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

9416.jpg

Sheila,

If I can do this anyone can.. I'll send you the instructions.. You'll have to play around with it like I did until you figure it out and once you do you'll never quit.. LOL

Brenda

Thanks Brenda, btw I like your horse and dolphin!! :)

Sheila

I had no doubt at your ability to do something once you set your mind to Brenda :)

streamers.gif

I must have a go at this, things are really getting so colourful around here!!! :rolleyes:

Pam

Hi everyone, still trying!!!!!!

Pam :rolleyes:

Don't feel bad Pam-this was my thread and I don't know how either. Hey, Brenda, Lark & Lesley-quit gloating and tell the rest of us poor schleps how to do it. :lol:

Find your picture or avatar, there are plenty of good websites to look at that give freebies. Left click whatever you choose and from the drop down choose, Save picture as. Click on save, i usually save mine in my pictures under the given description. This will save the picture to your pc. If you have chosen an animated avatar/picture it doesn't show as moving when it is saved but once you post it everything comes to life again.

When you want to add it to your post just type your message as usual then click browse, this will open up my pictures, click the picture you want to post, click open and this will send the picture to your posting.

Bobs your uncle.

One thing post preview does not show any picture attachments, you won't see anything until you have actually added the post.

Okay, now you try.

If anybody wants a particular avatar, i don't mind looking on the web for you but you will have to give me a day or two to look and i will email back to you.

post-7-1088372133.gif

First off, Bobs my Uncle? You lost me there? Second everytime I try that-it's either not an accepted format or I get a link to the picture, like an attachment. Did you see my highway 190? That was a downloaded picture-it posted as an attachment?

I'll try this another time?

Nope it just says that I cannot upload this type of file. I've tried several different pictures and they all say that! AARRGGHH!

The Bobs your uncle line is just something we say over here when you achieve something, ignore me on that one. As for the attachment thing, i have to admit i'm not sure how or why that happens, some of my little pictures have posted as attachments other have just posted, i think it depends on how you download in the first place.

I think the format thing is just a case of resizing the picture, it may not fit the allowed dimensions.

To be honest i found out how to do this picture thing by playing around one night whilst the footy was on the tv, i was bored so i just starting trying different things on the pc. I amazed myself when it worked. :o