Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BECCY

My poor friend Manda!

I too have a very funny story to tell....

I live near the beach and love to go belly boarding and swimming in the sea... so one hot weekend a couple of years ago i headed to the beach with a good friend of mine Manda along with what seemed like the population of the whole county. On arrival we dropped our things and jumped in the sea (equipped with a new waterproof limb).

All was well until we got out of the water and my limb started making these horribly embaressing noises that sounded as though i was letting off VERY LOUD wind constantly. Having to walk through crowds and crowds of people having peaceful picnic lunches i decided to repeat numerous phrases implying that it was not from me that the noises were coming from!!

being a totally fab friend Manda didnt say a thing just took it all in!!!

Beccy,

That is way tooo funny and your friend was GREAT...

I remember when I was wearing shorts and people would stare at me my husband would turn his foot in and start walking with a severe limp, the people would quit staring at me and look away.

When we share stories like this it shows that we can laugh and go on.

Brenda :D

Funny how kids are so honest and adults never say anthing...

We had some friends over one night and the next morning their 4 year old got out of bed and saw Matt's leg laying by the couch, but Matt was in the other room. I came around the corner just at the time she saw it and her eyes were big as saucers....

she looked up at me and said "Who's leg?" I told her it was Matt's.. she thought for a minute and said, "Where's his head?"... I guess in her little mind he was a Mr. Potato Head :lol:

Vicki

Hee hee these are so funny! :lol: Comical situations I can identify with......Embarrasing Noises Your Leg Can Make. A few years ago my niece was trying to understand how I could have been born without a leg. Finally she's sussed it and now I am faced with the same endless questions from her younger brother. :rolleyes: