Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bear Face

Woo-Hoo!

:D I saw my prosthetist and he put me in a shrinker sock today. He would have put it on last week, but I still had a small scab on the incision line, but that is pretty much healed now. It is an Otto Brock shrinker with the waist belt. He started me out with a Large and gave me a Medium to put on after I shrink some.

When I read your post the first thing that came to my mind is "you are on your way" and the second thing was the song from the movie "Paint Your Wagon"

Where am I goin'?

I don't know

Where am I headin'?

I ain't certain

All I know

Is I am on my way

When will I be there?

I don't know

When will I get there?

I ain't certain

All that I know

Is I am on my way

:P Just thought I would share my thoughts with you, good luck on your journey forward :)

Hi Brian,

Good luck, you sound more positive this week now you've got your shrinker, hope everything goes to plan.

Love Pam

xxx :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone,

It may seem unusual to get excited about a shrinker sock, but it is a step in the right direction. Before too long I will begin the process of getting a prosthesis and walking again. Whenever I feel impatient about my progress, I just think back to when I had the stiff and infected leg and how much better I feel now. I don't think of it as losing a leg, I think of it as getting my life back! The inconveniences I have to deal with now are still better than what my situation was before the amputation. Besides that, things will only get better down the road. :)

Hi Brian!

You have such a great attitude - it will take you far.

Yes I remember all the steps and how great it felt to be moving forward.

Keep Smiling :) Wendy