Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dick Stevens

Clay Feet

I am a DBKA, and was attending a Bible Study.. The topic was King David (in the O T), and his many wives and concubines. The leader commented that David was sinner "Up to his knees with clay feet" Then he looked at me with an embarrassed look. I couldn't resist. "Well, Pastor. I've got the clay feet - but, golly-gee, no harem." ;)

Hi Dick

pleased to meet you and welcome to the site.

'Clay feet' Hehehe!

I love those moments when people 'put their foot in it'. Oops!

After my amp op, a guy working in the hospital resteraunt saw me and said, "Glad to see you back on your feet".

Recently, I was in my wheelchair and a nurse taking me to the outpatients dept, said to me 'walk this way'. Doh!

Anyway, enjoy the forum.

Best regards

Steve

Steve AKA Doggie:

Could you possibly do me a favor? I have very poor vision, and can't read your messages in faint orange/yellow. But I don't want to miss what you say. Could you use either black or a darker color? Thanks for your reply.

Hi Dick and welcome. If you left click from the top of Doggie's message and drag to highlight it the text colour turns to dark blue until you left click again which might make it easier to read.....hope it helps :)

Hi Dick,

Welcome to the forum. Very nice to meet you! :D

I am also a bilateral B/K amputee. There a few of us here. How is your walking coming along?

I am almost 1 year post op. I can walk around the house unaided, but take my trusted crutch with me when I go out. I can't seem to let it go!! But one day I will!!

Anyway, if you want to, you can post an introduction of yourself in the 'Introductions' topic where people can reply to you and I'm sure you will be impressed with the response you get. There is also an 'Everyone's Story' topic where you can read how we all got here.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts! :D