Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ampskier

I saw Brian

This is the same guy who was trying to break into my truck but you can see him better.

I think it's brian

post-7-1088444211.jpg

Brian, that picture cracked me up! Now if only you were drinking pepsi, you would be a bear I would hang out with!

Eric, funny you should have such a visitor...when we were in flaming gorge national park last weekend we attended a training session on bears, how to tell which kind it is, what kind of behaviors they typically have and how to avoid being eaten. We were interested in the info since the weekend before they had to put down a bear in our same campground....he had broken into a camper and eaten a ton of food, then piled up more by the door and left. The owners then came back and found the mess. While they were filing the report with the ranger at the site the bear returned for the rest of his pile...and he just ambled right up to the whole group that was standing there, evidently had NO fear of people. The ranger had to put him down, he had become too acclimated to people and would have terrorized someone else next. So sad for that poor bear, who was just following instinct. :unsure:

Pretty cool pictures you got or your guy...did he actually take anything?

Judy

utah

lbk

Don't be greedy bear face, share and share alike.

If we had known you were having a party we would all have dropped in.

Eric can you pop round and pick us all up in your truck, get rid of the bear first tho!!

Judy,

There are basicly two 3 typs of bears in North America. The polar bear, no worries too warm down here) the Black bear ang the grizly or brown bear.

Heres how to tell the diffrence between a black or grizzly bear.

Climb a tree. If the bear climbs up and eats you it's a black

If he knocks the tree over and eats you, it's grizzly

Eric

Johnny V must be going crazy. Here we are on an amputee suport forum talking about BEARS? What does this have to do with amputation. OH OH I know. a bear ate my leg!!!!!!

Your quote about how to tell the difference made me laugh...reminded me how the ranger who gave the talk about bears was describing how to tell the difference, which affects how you react to them. He said they have claws of different lengths...like if I am that close to him, to tell how long is CLAWS are exactly, I am going to survive anyway!

Judy ;)

Utah

LBK

Brian, are you posting naughty pics?

Actually Eric , there are infact FOUR different types . You mentioned three of them but the BIGGEST of them all is the KODIAK BEAR which is a part of the GRIZZLY bear family bu tthey live almost exclusivly in Alaska on or near KODIAK ISLAND . These bears can quite easily reach a hieieght of over 12 feet tall and CAN breack a normal sized tree like soooooo easlily . I have seen them ( from far away ) and wow , they are like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay huge .