Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Brenda

Introduction / My First 5K / My Best Time Ever

You probably walked it better than I could of when I had both my legs. :lol: Keep up the fantastic job your doing :D . And good luck in all your future events. I myself am looking forward to taking walks with my wife again when I get my legs. ;) .........................Vince B)

1cheers.gif

Go Cheetah, Go!!

Watch out for the inhabitants though, I've heard that mouse and his gang are mighty mischievious. Keep your wits about you while you are running. I'll be sending you a strong North wind to help you push forward. :D

Way to go Brenda!

Good Luck for your upcoming races.....we know you'll give them a run for their money. :P

Mandy

Thank you Vince, Lark and Mandy for all your encouragement you give me!!

I finished my race in 1:21:23. I'll post some other times sometime next month after I race a few other of my scheduled races.

Brenda

I have run two races recently and thought I would post my times and where I placed. I ran on Oct 24th a 5K my time was 36.10 finished in my age group 26th out of 33 can't remember my over all placement but it was somewhere around 400 out of 509.. I ran yesterday a 15K (9.3 miles) I ran it in 2:01:48 in my age group I placed 12th out of 15 and overall I placed 164 out of 181. My times are improving all the time and soon I'll be placing better. I have two more races scheduled for this month one on Nov 23rd it's a 5K and the other on Nov 30th which is the Half Marathon (13.1 miles). I am going to look at Dec's race calander and see if there are any that I want to race. All this is gearing me up for the Disney Marathon. Right now my times have me finishing it in 6:08 but I still have two months of training to go so hopefully I can pull it off in just under 6 hrs. I did my minute per mile and I am pretty consistant with a 13 minute mile and I am very happy since I was running before more like 17 minute miles.

I have been running more and walking less when I'm training and when I'm racing.

Brenda

Just One

One song can spark a moment

One flower can wake the dream

One tree can start a forest

One bird can herald spring

One smile begins a friendship

One handclasp lifts a soul

One star can guide a ship at sea

One word can frame the goal

One vote can change a nation

One sunbeam lights a room

One candle wipes out darkness

One laugh will conquer gloom

One step must start each journey

One word must start a prayer

One hope will raise our spirits

One touch can show you care

One voice can speak with wisdom

One heart can know what is true

One life can make a difference

Author Unknown

I am totally inspired by your heart, your will to explore and pursue your dreams. Great stuff that your time is picking up and you are pushing forward. A lady with a goal and a plan to get there, can't be beat!

Beautifully done,

Lark

http://www.floridatoday.com/community/comm...IDECOTISCOL.htm

This is an article the local paper did on me again.

Enjoy

Brenda

Thanks Mandy!! :D

Brenda

yes brenda we are very proud of you you are an inspiration to others especially amputees who think life is over .i know reading your advice and your encouragement helps me loads keep on running love sarah

Thank you everyone for all your support and encouragement that you give to me. I am truly blessed to be a part of this wonderful community. I ran the Space Coast Half Marathon with a time of 3:01:20, I ran a 13:51 minute mile and should finish the Disney Marathon in about 6hrs. My muscles are so sore today that I am taking the day off from work.. plus my daughter is sick..

Brenda

Two weeks and two days before I run the Disney Marathon. As the day approches I am getting excited to be doing this but also scared that I'm undertrained. :o I am not doing this to win but because of my competitive spirt it's hard for me just the same. This is just the begining of more races to come in 2004 I have several races that I think I'm going to run and I am also seriously considering doing a running camp to see if it will help with my time. I am looking forward to having some fast times in 2004... :P

Brenda

You will do fantastic Brenda! I read a bit about the Walt Disney World Marathon on Jan. 11; a flat, loop course... you are going to zoom through to Epcot with energy to spare! Don't doubt all that you have been doing, your speed has gradually increased and you are fitter and more capable than when you started to plan for this latest goal. You will finish with many, many participants lagging behind you. Power up! Remember it all started with a mouse :D

big10.gif

Brenda,

It's normal to be getting excited and nervous in the anticipation of the moment. You are going to be fine with the outcome, whatever it is. You are part of a special club. A member of a group of people who work to make a difference in their life, and the life of others, making the most out of what we have to give. I am sure that you will continue to give it your all as you have always done. That is why you are where you are today. So continiue to get excited, and turn that nervous energy into positive energy. You can't lose no matter where you place.

Wishing you the best. ;)

I have been thinking of you a lot brenda...knowing you are counting down to your marathon (HOORAY!) the day before my amputation surgery and the start of my new LIFE! If you have just two weeks left, then so do I! I WILL be thinking of you on that sunday...the last day that I limp around on this foot that doesnt work....I will think of you and be inspired and encouraged, knowing all that I will be able to accomplish by this time next year...because HECK, if BRENDA can do it, SO CAN I! Thanks for inspiring all of us on this forum!

Judy

Two more days then I run the Disney Marathon. I am taking this time to reflect on how my training went and even though I had a tough time with some training runs all in all I did pretty good. I kept a consistant pace between 10 1/2 minute miles to 14 minute miles and that is pretty good considering when I started running almost a year ago my time was almost 20 minute miles. I am also reflecting on the fact that the percentage of amputees that run marathons is very small and I am glad that I'm in that percentage!! Thank you for all the kind words the encouragement helps me more then you know because there are days when I don't think I can do this. From here on in it's positive thoughts IN and negative thoughts OUT... I probably won't have much time to log on tomorrow and will be leaving for Disney between 9:00am and 11:00am on Saturday to return on Monday around 12:00 pm...

Brenda

Way to go Brenda, think positive and go for the gusto! I'll certainly be rooting for you all the way to the finish!! :D

ttfn, Sheila

Keep Smiling :)

Hi Everyone....

Well I went and I conquered the Marathon. I'm home, tired, and glad it's over. I didn't get the time that I was shooting for and actually it's nothing to write home to mom about, the only thing is that I got the Mickey Medal that I went there to get. My finish time was 7hrs 49 mintues and not posted because they took down the finish area before I got there. :unsure: Oh well nobody can take the fact that I completed it away from me and I have the Metal to prove it. I am going to take a picture of me wearing it and will post it here for all to see. Thanks so much for all your encouraging words. Will this be my last marathon probably so will I continue to run most definetly YES.... I will run another half in the fall and am going to train a lot so I can run it in a sub 3 hrs. :D

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

That was FANTASTIC :D What a tremendous effort.

You are an inspiration to us all.

Thankyou for being the person you are.

Enjoy a well earned rest.

Best as always

Steve

conga7.gif

Excellent! I'm sure your efforts were a study in grace and determination. You set a goal and you made it happen... powerful achievement. I am so happy for you I could burst. :D

Brenda--

I am shouting cheers for you!!! I teared up reading your results. You accomplished your goal. Way to go girl!!! Rest up, take care of yourself and know that you are truly an inspiration to the rest of us. I am so proud of you!!

Carol

Well Done Brenda!

As ever, you continue to inspire and amaze us all. Regardless of whether your time was posted or not, we all know you did it and are damn proud of you!

Best wishes

Mandy

Dont forget to post that picture of yourself and your medal, brenda!!! We would ALL love to see it! We are SOOOO PROUD OF YOU!

Judy

YEAH BRENDA!!! WAY TO GO!!! YOU'RE RUNNING FOR ALL OF US WHO CAN'T, AND WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU. THANKS FOR BEING AN INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US, AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE FORUM. Best wishes, Ellen.

59Hi Everyone,,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone who posted here or sent me a private message all your kind words were so wonderful. I have taken my running to the next level and started a running clinic and we met tonight to do speedwork and time trials which is something that I had never done before. It was pretty good and I found out that I can really kick butt when I want to.... I have set a few goals for this year

1. is a 30 minute 5K or 29.59 as my coach has put on my paper and said what's 1 tenth of a second.... LOL

2. is a Sub 3 hr Half Marathon.. Even if it's 2:59:59 I'll take it...

I have several runs planned for this year and will be running a Half in Nov the space coast half like last year. I also will be going back to Disney next year to do the Half as well because Mickey needs Donald which is the medal you get when you finish the half... LOL

Brenda